Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:40 pm
dh had his SSR yesterday and they retrieved nothing
we dont know what to do next... what options are there,is there any hopefor us after the devastaing result???
me: 30 dh: 31
ttc: 3 and half years
1st ICSI : nov 06
- Valued Contributor
- Posts: 2382
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 6:12 pm
- Location: New York
Hi im so sorry it must be such a blow ... cant you use doner thats always an option to look into ... will you have a follow up at your clinic? im sure they will talk you through the options you have.
wishing you luck and an answer soon
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)
Now on Face Book pm me for information..
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:29 am
- Location: Cheshire
what country are you in? are you in the UK? Did your dh have the ope where they try and suction it through an incision or did he have the biopsy where they cut out small sections?
My dh had SSR at Liverpool Women's Hospital in the UK and his consultant has a 100% success rate - he has never not got sperm from someone during surgery. they try the suction first then take around 3 different biopsies until they find some sperm.
If you are in the UK it may be worth a try. Otherwise you could try with donor sperm, if you and your dh feel ok about this.
best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
9 failed attempts using thawed, surgically retrieved sperm.
2 year break and vasectomy reversal for dh.
Consultation for 10th attempt using fresh sperm - Nov 09.