Thank u all so much ladies - i really thought we had made our decision in not going back for more treatment, but it has never been off my mind, niggling away. I really do want another baby and didnt know how to approach the subject with DH - after all the heartache we took in making our decision to stop further treatment, that was hard enough - then we got this letter from the royal. I had put the new clinic to the back of my mind, we had decided that was that - no more treatment, to give up and get on with our lives. But here it is in front of me in black and white - we should get an appointment within 6 mths. I am praying the the issues we had with frozen embryos isnt the same at this clinic.
Thank you for letting me know that ur at the royal - can u tell me (if u know) about their freezing procedures. the last clinic we were at would only freeze grade 1 embryos which upset me because we didnt want to leave our grade 2 embryos perish in a dish, when they could have been frozen and may have had a chance to make it. We were paying for the treatment but they still would not freeze them for us, so we decided to only fertalize 2 eggs (we had to waste a further 10 eggs!) these eggs did fertalize, but were only 2cell grade 2 and a 2cell grade 3, which they put back. If we had more embryos we would have had a better chance of better grading, but we were afraid of them letting them perish in a dish and we couldnt take that risk! Eventually after the BFN we decided to fight the clinic and our case was taken to the board, but still they refused to freeze all embryos - thats when we gave up!
I dont see a prblem in them freezing all embryo's, i do understand that some of the lower grading ones wont make the thaw, ut at least thats not letting them perish in a dish without even giving them a chance. We understand the risks of freezing and that some might not make it, but what we dont understand is - why wont they let us even try? We pay for our treatment, this isnt NHS - why cant we be allowed to give our embryos one last chance, if they dont make the thaw then at least we can say we did everything we could have done, and they are now in gods hands - I know a lot of ladies have heard my moans about this loads of times in the past, but its something i feel very strongly about.
I dont even know the statistics about the Royal, their website has no link to the IVF site, do u know anythng about this Karina - even a website i can go to to check. Im really afraid of going thru all this again before finding out anything about the clinic.
Im sorry this was so long, thanks for ur well wishes ladies