I have been MIA as really busy with work and the meds have been really shattering for me. So have been coming home and falling into bed.
So time to do a catch up on personals.........
- I am sorry that work was hard on you. I think that you are right to go back and try to get back into the swing of things. It would not be nice whenever you went back. Small steps. One foot in front of the other. I am sorry that you wanted the hysteroscopy sooner but it is good to give yourself a break physically and emotionally. Plus would be tricky having tmt in December as sure that the clinic will be closed around Xmas time. Big hugs babe. Keep going. You are trying to be brave and strong I know
- glad that your appointment helped you come to a decision. Let's hope that it works next time for you with your own eggs and you don't need the support from this thread
- we will need to go out there for EC as my dh will have to have an operation to take the sperm directly from him. He'll then need time to recover. We will of course then stay for ET. But sounds like he will need a week off work. Cannot see him wanting to come back and face awkward questions at work so we may stay out there and it will help while away some of the dreaded 2ww and stop me going back to work too soon. So, yes, I guess in total we could well be out there for about a week. Saw your question about the barmitzvah. It is a ceremony that Jewsih boys go through at age 13. It is a ceremony at the synagogue on Saturday morning and then a party on Sunday evening. I am not Jewish but my husband is and it is for his business partners youngest son. Glad that you got the ticker sorted babe. Hope that appointment is confirmed soon and you can get everything organised
- glad that you have been busy and looking after yourself. Thinking of you and your next steps
- simply cannot believe that you are already getting towards the end of your 1st term. The picture/story of the twins swimming around was so cute. So pleased for you babe
- sorry that I missed your ET and so was not here to cheer you on. So pleased that it all went well for you. So pleased that they are snuggling in. Look after yourself hun
- pleased that you have such a supportive dr. That is a big help. Sounds like she has got you back on track
- I have been to New England in the Autumn when I lived out there and it is absolutely awesome. Love the colours
- your lining is fab hun. So hope that you hear from IM soon and that you are over there before you know it. Sorry that your body is not liking the meds. Hang in there babe. PUPO very soon
- Don't think that you have updated since you went to see Mr Trew. What did he have to say? How are you doing with the trial cycle?
Hugs to everyone else - BigJ, Anna and crew.
Well IM wrote to us last Thursday and cast doubt on whether the issue was actually dh's sperm (which is pretty bad) and whether that had caused the past failures. They offered us a try with my eggs and genetic testing which threw us into a bit of turmoil. After much debate, we have decided to push on down the path that we have started. I am cross that this was not identified sooner but seems from my reading that not many clinics in the UK run this sperm fragmentation testing. Anyhow it is history now although has not made me happy with all the time/money/effort over the past 2 years - let alone the effect of 2 years aging on my own eggs.
So we have now told them that my dh will have the TESA and we will carry on with the donor eggs. I cannot go back having got my head around the whole idea of donor eggs. Wish time was on our side but it is not for me or my dh so we need to move ahead
I am finding that the combination of bcps and antibiotics is completely writing me off. I am exhausted all the time & it is certainly aggrevating my autoimmune disorder too. Anyway just have to get on with it. Have mailed IM today as I have some break through bleeding and to see whether they suggest that I need to go up to 2 bcps per day.
Anyway, 6 days of bcps left, 8 days of antibiotics left. Hope that I am about a week away from the patches.
Much love and hugs to you all.
Me 42, DH 52 IVF #1, #2, #3 ICSI #4 - 10.05.2006, 12.12.2006, 10.03.2007, 27.07.2007 ICSI/DE/TESA #5, #6 PGD/IVIG #7 - 24.11.2007, 27.02.2008, 23.05.2008 - 7 BFNs
Surrogacy/FET #8 - 15.10.2008 - BFP