IVF-Infertility.com home

Longest wait for AF to come??

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Longest wait for AF to come??

Postby chelly180 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi yall-
I was curious as to the longest yall have had to wait for AF to visit. I am on day 34 and absolutely miserable, bloated and grouchy! (And not PG)The RE keeps saying just to wait b/c I should start soon based on my progesterone level...not that he has ever had PMS.
Any advice on getting through the wait?!

Postby Kery » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:26 am

I know it's a real pain when that happens. I was two weeks late after my cycles and a cancelled cycle. Its just the meds that are in your system and it takes a while for you body to get back into a routine. I used to be 28 days to the day but since I started doing ivf about a year ago its anything up to 36 days. :evil: :evil:
Male factor
April isci - Cancelled
June isci - Failed
Oct iui - BFN
Apri iui - BFP!
DS 1 year
12 yrs

Postby nicaliw » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:36 pm

I was waiting for AF, she arrived yesterday. I drank ginger tea ( I read this might work). I drank 2 cups and she arrived.....not saying the tea made it happen but it may be worth a try. I also read that a plant extract called motherwort works. I didn't try that one, though.
Or you could just wait....but I agree totally..........
FET April 18th
1st heartbeat 6w3d 115bpm, 9w2d hb 171bpm

Postby chelly180 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 pm

AF finally visited today! It's so frustrating to wait since everything revolves around that!!
I feel so much better!!

Return to General Forum