IVF-Infertility.com home

How would I go about finding a Female Dr

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

How would I go about finding a Female Dr

Postby steffwannababy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am

I am so uncomfortable with a male fertility specialist. How would I go about finding a female Dr. were I live?
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Postby not hopeless yet » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Have you looked within the same fertility clinic for another doctor? Or ask your OBGYN for a recommendation. Or maybe someone on this site lives near you and can recommend one? Good luck.
not hopeless yet
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby loopie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Dear Steph,
A good place to start is the assisted reproductive technologies www.sart.org website- it lists clinics by state- and i think it has contact info- start calling.

I know the thought of a male fertility specialist seems tough right now, but what you should try to think about is going to the best place you can afford, or your insurance covers regardless of the sex of the doctor. They want you to have a successful experience almost as much as you do, and as it was my dh with the specific IF issue, I found it very helpful for him- the reassurance that it was not an insurmountable problem- and that we were in it together!

best of luck to you

Me 41 Dh 41
1st IVF BFP!!! Jan 2008

Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland

Return to General Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests