IVF-Infertility.com home

MY BEST FRIENDS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

MY BEST FRIENDS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

Postby tris22 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:39 pm

My cousin and best friend just called and told me shes pregnant!! Shes the 6th person I know that has just found out there preg!! I am in the proccess of my first IVFV cycle and will transfer on thursday(in 3 days) I am trying really hard to not be jealous or upset!!! I am truley happy for her I just wish the same for myself!! You know!!! This is really hard :oops:
Unexplained infertility
clomid 6months
3 failed IUI
#1 IVF B/C started 8/18/08
!st stim shot 7/16/08
ER 8/9/08
ET 8/14/08
1st beta 8/22
tris22

Sponsor

Postby wishfull27 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Tris - thinking of you - I know its so difficult when everyone around you seems to look at there DH's and are preganant - you need to keep focused on your cycle and keep up the PMA - you will be joining them in the BFP club very soon :D

Good luck with transfer on Thiursday

carolyn xxx
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby tris22 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:50 pm

AAAHHH!!! I hope so!! I hate how when someone calls to tell you there preg and they say it all gentle like you cant be happy for them and want to be preg at the same time!!
Unexplained infertility
clomid 6months
3 failed IUI
!st stim shot 7/16/08
ER 8/9/08
ET 8/14/08
1st beta 8/22
tris22

Postby Miracle08 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Hey there Tris!!!

Let me just say, I feel your pain. It seems like everyone around me, family and friends are preggo. It is very hard. My mother had a BBQ at her home a couple of weekends ago, and she invited the whole family. Well my cousins wife is 6 months preggo and I didnt know she was coming. Make a long story short, it felt like I was punched in the gut when she walked in. I know I cant stay away from pg women and I can shun my family and friends but I told my mom I wished she would have told me to I could have prepared myself...Also, my cousins wife, she just turned 20, (no offense to any young ones here) and she is just a DUH!!!! She hasnt a clue about life. So when she comes in and starts talking about the pregnancy the whole time, I just wanted to scream at her to shut up!!!!

Hang in there. I know it is hard. And it is very normal to feel angry,sad, and yes even jealous. It took me a long time to understand this. I use to think I was a horrible person because I would get jealous. But, I am not. No one is.

Praying for your BFP!!!!! BIG HUGS!!!!
Miracle08
Regular

Postby snapper » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Since we've been trying...4 people in my department at work have gotten pregnant (I even had to plan a shower for one of them)...my sister, my DH's 2 sisters, and my cousin's wife...all pregnant.

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who has a flurry of emotions every time they find out someone else if pregnant. It's like I feel like I'm being slapped in the face every time I find out...and I know they have done nothing wrong and are blessed to have had it come easy for them. I wish them only good things but at the same time...I feel so jealous, angry, sad...everything. I just want to know what it feel like to be in their shoes...and I wonder if they know just how lucky they are.

Thanks for your post...it helps to know that others feel the same way.
snapper

Postby AmandaM » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:53 pm

tris

I know exactly how you feel. My manager is having a baby in 2 weeks and my supervisor is 4 months preggers. I have it in my face all day at work. It isn't fair sometimes. I am stimming now on my 3rd IVF cycle.

Good luck to you.

Amanda
IVF # 1 Chem preg Beta #1 49 Beta # 2 33
IVF # 2 Chem preg Beta #1 9 Beta #2 22 Beta #3 168
IVF # 3 BFP!! 1st beta - 565 2nd 995 3rd 9,269 It's TWINS!!!!

AmandaM
Regular

Postby Babysoft » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm

I decided to write on this thread becuase I know both sides of the fence. I'm pregnant now, I say that reluctantly because honestly I feel bad for even typing it! I've been ttc since 2000...and right before my first IVF, I found out I was pregnant naturally! I remember being so shocked...I remember thinking how could this be and I remember posting my good news on this thread and feeling a sincere hurt for all the women who were in the same boat I was in for so many years. I remember the hurt of being around my sister-in-law who I kid you not have been pregnant every 18 months for the past 8 years...to make matters worse, I have a loving husband who comes from a big family and instead of saying hello when they'd see us...they'd say....YOU GOT IN GOOD NEWS FOR US!! The hurt I felt was unbareable...I lost weight, my hair and sometimes I thought I was losing my sanity! Sex became a chore...something I only wanted to do when I thought I was ovulating...and no matter how many month of neg preg test...I still kept faith that maybe there was some way I'd become pregnant. 96 months!!! It was 96 months of trying to have a child...I remember reading how 12 month of trying without success defines you as infertile...I was super duper infertile! I have no good advice because I so remember being in this boat! I remember hearing my doctor tell me I probably wasn't going to conceive a child...my eggs were just too "bad"...I will say that honestly the only thing that kept me going was confidence...I never allowed my doctor or anyone else to convince me I wouldn't get pregnant. I remember the first u/s I received after I found out I was pregnant and of course he had bad news...he explained how my g/s was a little smaller than what they'd hope to see...I remember going home crying...looking on the internet all night trying to research the proper size of a 5 wk g/s! Honestly infertility is a nightmare....when you are young you never think about having problems getting pregnant and I mean at least I didn't. But being in my early twenties not being able to concieve has really changed my life. I don't take anything for granted! I'd love to say I feel so much better now being pregnant...and of course I do feel better, but honestly not as good as I thought I would. I've stopped posting on this site because I have sharing my good news when I know so many women are having problems...yeah of course you want to feel happy for everyone, but deep down inside I remember reading all the BFP's and thinking please GOD why not me...why can't I just get this one thing; I use to pray and swear I'd be the best parent ever if I just had the opportunity to complete my family! It's a crazy time...I have no good advice, but I'm glad I got a chance to tell you to be strong it is hard..I wish I had a remedy for this, but keep your faith...no matter what happens never allow anyone to get you down. I've been turned away from clinics becuase I'd "mess" up their statistics...it's been along hard road, but through-out it all I never allowed anyone to take my dreams and hope. I hope this helps a little and thank you for expressing yourself because it allowed me to express myself.

Best of Luck :D
Babysoft
Regular

Postby tris22 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:44 am

Babysoft Thank you so much for responding to this! I really appriciate your wise words, sometimes just hearing it from some one elae can help ease the feelings if that makes any sense! AND dont you dare for a second feel bad for being pregnant you deserve it as much as any other person on here, enjoy your pregnancy!!!

Wishing you all the best!!!
Unexplained infertility
clomid 6months
3 failed IUI
!st stim shot 7/16/08
ER 8/9/08
ET 8/14/08
1st beta 8/22
tris22

Postby riogirl71 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 pm

I completely understand how hard it is that every one else gets pregnant so easily. And have easy pregnancies. It is very hard knowing that we have to go through so much pain and heartache. My co-worker got pregnant with her "ooops" 5th child! My DH had low count, motility due to chemo (before we met) and his evil ex got pregnant in a minute (she told him to "go ahead and die" after her daughter was born and he got cancer). Now we are together and love each other so much but conceiving is hard. Don't get me wrong, I am very blessed to have DH and we did get our BFP, but I am trying to say that I understand completely how hard it is to see easy pregnancies around, I have had my share of complications in this pregnancy.

Good luck to all of you, you are wonderful and strong women!!!
riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Postby deanahar » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:29 am

I see pregnant people everywhere I go! :x Even the nurse at the hospital when I was having my retrival was pregnant. I feel like the world is taunting me. After learning so much from IVF it's amazing to me how anyone ever gets pregnant. I hope your transfer went well today. Relax and get ready for these next two weeks, which will be the longest two weeks ever. :D
Me 36 DH 37
Tube Removal
1st IVF attempt May=BFN
2nd IVF attempt August=Nothing to transfer
3rd IVF attempt=TBA
deanahar

Postby Babysoft » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Okay yesterday was one of the worse days with my in-laws. We were all day dinner and of course because it has taken us so long to concieve most of the topic of conversation is always about our upcoming bundle of joy. Now don't get me wrong...I don't mind talking about it, but only with people who are "normal" and have positive things to say. Well my sister-in-law the one who has had 5 kids in the last 8 years (one loss), says OMG it's about time you got her pregnent..I thought we were going to have to take you guys to one of those test tubes doctors. I felt like fighting...no I mean literally fighting...but instead of resorting to violence, I breathed slowly and cursed her dumb azz out...I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm just sick of insensitive people assuming that getting pregnant is just so easy and second nature. I kind of felt bad afterwards because I was loud and I was very emotional! I think I drew a lot of attention from the customers in the restaurant! Needless to say...lol my hubby and I won't be invited to anymore family outings until I have the baby...I guess this is a good and bad story...everyone attributed my sudden outburst to hormones! :roll:
Babysoft
Regular

Return to General Forum