IVF-Infertility.com home

SEVERE NAUSEA/HEARTBURN HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

SEVERE NAUSEA/HEARTBURN HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Postby toobee » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:35 pm

PG MENTIONED
Hello,
I found out on Thursday I am having triplets. :shock: :shock: :shock: Over the course of the last few weeks I have been dealing with OHSS and now some new pregnancy symptoms that seem to be getting worse. I am just over 7 weeks. My question is this:

Is there anything I take that is safe ad effective for nausea? I have read vitamne b6 or ginger can help, but I have a history of m/c so ginger scares me.

The truth is, the nauses is petty severe and very much interfering with my work life and I am not eating a healthy diet because of it. I am living on crackers and pasta, but babies need better nutrition then that. On top of the nausea I also have bbad heartburn. for hertburn I have to eat small meals, but for nausea I feel better when my stomach is full. So seems I cant win.

I am full of joy but feel to sick to enjoy it.....IS there anything I can do to be healthier while i get through this, cause its really really hard to get through a day and I ma woried about my growing beans health.

Thanks for any help in advance,
TooBee
ME: 39 DH: 46 :) TTC for 8 years
3 miscarriages (concieved naturally)
3 blasts transferred - 1st IVF - BFP !!
Beta 1,2,3 = 497 /4056 /16,896 - TWINS!
toobee
Regular

Sponsor

Postby mrscutter » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:04 am

toobee,
triplets! that is so awesome. I am so happy for you. May I ask you if you used your own eggs or ED. I am trying to decide if its worth it to try with my own eggs. I have high fsh. thanks.
Mrs. Cutter-Me-44 DH35
clomind-6mth follistim-june/july-cancel iui-08
IVF Retrival nov 12th transfer Nov 15th
BFN!!! Nov 26th.
BFP!! Dec 30th Natural pregnancy
Isabella sophia born 9/1/09
mrscutter
Regular

Postby toobee » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:54 am

Mrs.Cutter
I used my own eggs- We transferred 3 5day blasts...the odds of all of them taking where like really small cause of my age. Only 7 weeks so have a ways to go, but they all had strong heartbeats except one had a small sac that my RE is concerned about, bu all babis measuring on track

good luck-
ME: 39 DH: 46 :) TTC for 8 years
3 miscarriages (concieved naturally)
3 blasts transferred - 1st IVF - BFP !!
Beta 1,2,3 = 497 /4056 /16,896 - TWINS!
toobee
Regular

Postby mrscutter » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:32 pm

toobee,
That is such a miracle. I pray everything goes well for you. Your excitement must be beyond belief. That is so wonderful. Take care.
Mrs. Cutter-Me-44 DH35
clomind-6mth follistim-june/july-cancel iui-08
IVF Retrival nov 12th transfer Nov 15th
BFN!!! Nov 26th.
BFP!! Dec 30th Natural pregnancy
Isabella sophia born 9/1/09
mrscutter
Regular

Postby PMApsy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 am

Hello there,

Congrats on your triplets! IF you have severe nausea that interferes with your work, do like me, and talk to your doctor so you get a prescription for appropriate meds. Mine is called Diclectin; it is perfectly safe for pregnant women, it was developed for them. It's mostly vitamins and minerals, the pharmacist told me. My father's wife took it during the whole duration of her three pregnancies and my sisters and brother are in perfect shape. I'm taking it and I swear it makes all the difference in the world.

As for your babies lacking something because you can't eat well enough, don't worry. Other than folic acid, they feed on your reserves, and you have plenty. You'll be anemic to the last degree before your babies start lacking iron, for example. Don't worry about that, but do worry about remaining functional during your pregnancy.

Good luck!

Sophie
1st and 2nd IVF = BFN 1st FET BFP! m/c at 7 weeks. 2nd FET BFP! 3rd FET BFN
Now let's spend the rest of our lives having fun together! Image
PMApsy
Regular

Postby PMApsy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:59 am

oh, and for heartburn, take Gaviscon, also perfectly safe during pregnancy.
1st and 2nd IVF = BFN 1st FET BFP! m/c at 7 weeks. 2nd FET BFP! 3rd FET BFN
Now let's spend the rest of our lives having fun together! Image
PMApsy
Regular

Return to General Forum