IVF-Infertility.com home

Miscarriage

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Miscarriage

Postby amy27 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

I hope that I can reach as many people out there as possible that are having trouble with concieving through ART or have suffered miscarriage (s). I recently lost our twins that I was carrying through IVF. We saw heartbeats up until almost 9 weeks. Everyone said to me that "it happens to a lot of women", blah, blah.. but I refused to accept that. We checked the chormosomes of course during our D & C and they were normal. Then I read about how your blood or disorders during pregnancy alot for almost 50% of the problem. I went to a reproductive immunologist and found out that not only do I have blood clot issues that can be fixed but I also have a Killer Cell issue where my body attacks the fetus- THIS IS VERY COMMON and there are several other factors that can prevent the IVF from working or cause miscarriage. I PRAY that anyone facing difficulties- Go get your blood checked!!! Everytime you miscarry, you reduce the chances of conceiving.. I had an amazing guy but there are probably reproductive immunoligists in your area.... baby dust to all!!
amy27

wondering

Postby amfmbaby » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi Amy27 just wondering does this killer cell have a name? Is it related to RH factor?
Mandy
ME28 Normal DH31 Male Factor
#1 IVF w/ICSI BFN oct2008
#2 IVF w/ICSI BFP!!!!!! Waiting for my snow baby

amfmbaby
Regular

Postby amy27 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:06 pm

I am not sure.. Our doctor was so smart and he wrote a book called misacarriages can be prevented. He took my blood and also my huabands. I have to have IVig to correct it. My body just doesn't recognize to build up a protective shield for the fetus or fetuses as my husband and my blood is too similar so then my natural NK or killer cells come in and attack as if it is a cancer or foreign body. He has one woman that had gone through 17 unsuccessful IVF's and got her pregnant. This info was just not readily available and I felt it my duty to post it. My old IVF clnic would have just tried again with our frozen embies.. Our new guy insisted we find out why we lost them babies that far along.
Hope this helps
amy27

Postby momtobetobe » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:00 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. I listen to a radio show/podcast on infertility and they had a show on this topic, the immunological connections in infertility and she had a couple of doctors as guest. They also wrote a book about it. It might be the same doctor. You can listen to the show at www.creatingafamily.com. I down load the shows for my iPod but I think you can listen through your computer too. You have to go to the radio page and click on the show title. I think it's the name of the book: Is your body baby friendly, or something like that. It was a really informative show.

Lori
momtobetobe

Postby babyluv » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:31 am

wow, this is fascinating. thank you so much for posting this. i have never been through a miscarriage (just had my first IVF BFN), but my mother suffered 3, at least one into the second trimester, before going on to have 4 successful pregnancies (and 2 wonderful adoptions). I've always been concerned about it if I were to get pregnant, so I think I will talk to my RE about this during my next consult.

I am so sorry for you loss...thank you for helping others realize there can be a fixable reason for theirs.
Me - 30
DH - 38
DS - 5 (adopted, Russia), DD 3 (adopted, Kyrgyzstan)
IVF 1-2: BFN
IVF 3: BFP!!
Beta 1: 905 14dp3dt, Beta 2: 1709 16dp3dt
TWIN GIRLS!!

babyluv
Regular

Return to General Forum