IVF-Infertility.com home

Recurrent miscarriages and aspirin

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Recurrent miscarriages and aspirin

Postby shantala » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi All

I'm enquiring for a friend...

...she's had multiple miscarriages. Having been on here for over a couple of years now I've found that some clinics in the States suggest to take baby aspirin and that this has helped with maintaining a pregnancy....it's not something that is supported in the UK (as far as I am aware) as "there's no significant research"....having said that, I think it's worth a try for my friend as I've seen it help many people.

My question: has anyone taken aspirin or baby aspirin for recurrent miscarriages and if so, did it work and how much did you take?

Many thanks in advance!

S xx
2nd IVF/ICSI - baby girl Elliana born 21.4.08 weighing 7lb 6.5ounces; 7 frosties left...
Image to all!
shantala
Valued Contributor

Postby beachbaby » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi Shantala, me me me!!! has your friend been referred to the miscarraige clinic? usually after your 3rd. they test clotting, chromosone and immune issues. I was found to have factor V Leiden (clotting) in one gene so only mild, i was prescribed baby aspirin 75mg one per day, i took this until 34 weeks pregnant. worked first time for me. If you have a more severe case you may need heparin also. I am now 100% positive i had been pregnant many times over the years and have lost them all within the first 6 weeks.
My clinic do noit test for these at the initial consultation as they are not infertility issues!!! I was very angry when i found this out as i was paying out of pocket and you trust your clinic to test for everything, i could have saved a lot of time and money.I would advise your friend to ask for the tests and to pay for them if necesary.

Hope i've helped
jayne
Me 39, DH 40. TTC 5years
4th times a charm,1-IVF, 3xFET's, 2 chemical
Twin boys born 9/7/08
beachbaby
Regular

Postby shantala » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:46 pm

hi jayne

thank you so much for replying and replying so quickly!! i was hoping you would but didnt want to send you a PM as i know you must be so busy with work and the twins!

anyway, she hasnt been referred at all yet....but i want to suggest it and want to tell her of some success stories such as yours to give her hope. she's in her late 30s and so feels pretty crap but will be great to encourage her.

thank you so so much for your help.

hope you're all well.

xxxx
2nd IVF/ICSI - baby girl Elliana born 21.4.08 weighing 7lb 6.5ounces; 7 frosties left...
Image to all!
shantala
Valued Contributor

Postby AuntyPebbles » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:42 am

Hey Shantala hunny.... i came across some research here that pointed to a disorder some people have that stops them from absorbing folic acid and i think it said vitamin B too i will see if i can find the link for the site but it said it has been proven to help with multiple miscarriage ...might be worth a look into?

BRB going to see if i can find it again....

Much Love Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Postby AuntyPebbles » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:58 am

Ok couldnt find that one yet but heres another site that gives the idea...

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/fa/

much love Debz
Me 42 ,DH 45 ...3 IVF's BFN
Mommy to my beautiful girls Gabby(4) and Kenzie(2)

Now on Face Book pm me for information..
AuntyPebbles
Valued Contributor

Return to General Forum