IVF-Infertility.com home

The Bachelor- Completely off topic!

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Postby CT_Michele » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:54 pm

I finally watched the biggest loser, and i agree with you hrobinson, kinda dissappointed and it really stunk that I already knew who would fall below. It took all of the suspense out of the weigh in. It really is too bad that dan had a bad partner, but I am glad he is changing his life, I bet by the finale, he will be very thin and win the at home prize. I don;t know if I have any favorites yet, there are a bunch of teams I like so far.

babyhope- I agree about molly, she shouldn't have flaunted her walk of shame, it's called that for a reason! She could have changed back into her own clothes!

HR- SURVIVOR, yay! I am so glad it is coming back. Survivor is the reality show that started all of these crazy addictions for me, I love it! We can keep this thread going forever with all the shows coming up!
Me- 28 DH- 33 Male Factor
1st IVF- 12/07- BFP! Ella Michele was born 8/26/8
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
1st FET- 09/09 - Chemical
3rd IVF - 04/11 - Embies didn't make it to ET
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Sponsor

Postby babyhope1 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:17 am

How did you guys already know who was below the line? I must have missed a preview or something. Anyway, I know why you don't like the green team, the pretty girls have potty mouths...I think that one has been beeped out a couple of times. Anyway, can't wait for next week!
Babyhope1
3 Angel Babies
Failed IVF
There is someone in Heaven looking out for me!
babyhope1
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:00 pm

OK my bachelor buddies-

I watched last night and I really think jason is torn about these decisions. I kinda knew steph would go, but I was so routing for her. She is such a nice person and it showed in her reaction to being let go. Most of the women at this point in the show cry their eyes out and throw a tantrum, and instead of her crying all of the other girls were crying about her going! That says alot about what kind of person she really is. I know some people think she looks a little funny, but I think she would make a great bachelorette and she deserves to find that special someone.

As far as who is left, I guess I still think it will be melissa, since that was the prediction from the beginning, but that was only because rumors said it would be her. If I had never heard that, I would truly think it could be any of them. It looks like naomi and melissa are going to have rough hometown dates next week.

I saw an ad for the biggest loser tonight and they are advertising the young kid on the brown team struggling again. They are making it look like he might gain a pound this week. It is believable, since this is about 5/6 weeks in and when a lot of people hit a plateau. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Ok, what does everyone else think about the bachelor.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby hrobinson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:12 pm

CT_Michelle- I am so with you on Stephanie. I just knew there was no passion there. However, I had hope for her when he said that her date was the most memorable. I thought just maybe. However, when they did the kissing contest thing, you could just tell it wasn't there. She also didn't seem to feel as comfortable with him as the other women did.
I also agree with you that she would make a fantastic bachelorette.
I don't think Melissa will win. While I think he likes her, I think he has a better connection with Jillian and Molly. I personally don't like Jillian the most. She is great, but I think he and Molly have a better connection. I think he likes Naomi, but she comes across as young, and I'm not sure she is really ready to be a mommy.
So, end the end my prediciton is that he will end up with Molly, and the runner up will be Jillian.

As far as Biggest Loser. I really wish they would quit giving so much information away. I agree that the brown team kid is one of the one's below the yellow line. In all honesty, I don't think he works out nearly as hard as some of the other ones. Can't wait to watch tonight though.
hrobinson
Regular

Postby babyhope1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:45 pm

gosh, where are you hearing about all this, must be in previews I don't see. I go to bed around 7 pm as I am 9 weeks prego. I watch the shows on TIVO so I don't see the ads. I guess that is a good thing, sounds like they give away too much.

Bachelor-I think he is having second thoughts about Naomi and her family and youth. Also, Jillian is withdrawing. I think it will be Molly and Meghan but I think they are both really young.

I just can't believe these women think it will be easy to have a new relationship in a new city with a kid. Nowhere to vent but a call home. I don't think they truly know what they are getting into. Kids cause a lot of stress, a new city is hard to get used to, especially when moving from family and friends. I moved 2,000 miles from Missouri to California to be with my fiance and it was hard, I was 24. All my friends I met through him. I had to find a new job, I didnt have my belongings even my car, they were in storage for 6 months blah blah blah. We almost didn't make it several times and we didn't have a kid factor.

I just honestly don't think it will work out, the bachelor has a bad track record generally speaking but that is a lot to ask of anyone. I think Molly may have the best shot though I like Meghan the best. Simply because she isn't leaving her hometown, she had said something about already being moved away from them...but she still lived in Michagan...driving distance does make a big difference. I never thought of always having to fly for the holidays and the stress of that year after year. There are a lot of things you don't think of until you are there. Its fun at first but it wears on you!

I have to run...
Babyhope1
3 Angel Babies
Failed IVF
babyhope1
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:14 pm

They have been showing ads for the biggest loser episode that is coming on tonight, that is where I am guessing my info from. They do not say he is below the yellow line, but they are talking about him fighting to stay, and then they show him on the scale weighing like 239 and 240 appears as his new weight and they show a shocked bob face, but I think it is a trick. Ya know how the numbers bounce around right before the real number shows up, I bet he really didn;t gain weight, so we will see later. If he does, I really wish they would stop spoiling it too.

Babyhope- I am a little confused about the girls you are talking about. I am guessing when you say Meghan, you really mean melissa? I think the last 4 are naomi, molly, jillian and melissa. I do think he has a lot of chemistry with molly and the final 2 I think will be her and melissa.

I agree about them not ready to be a stepmom. When melissa had her special night on the town planned and then it was canceled because of ty, she seemed a little disappointed when jason called to tell her things had changed. I know she was excited to go and have the chance of meeting ty before the other ones, but I it sounded like she really wanted the romantic night out. They all always say that staying in and watching a movie is how they are, but I bet they will get frustrated pretty easy when it happens all the time. Ty is cute, but he definitely seems like he is attention hungry, which will get in the way of any relationship. Someone like steph would have undertsood that alot more than someone younger.

Ok, otta run, talk to you all soon!
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby babyhope1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Yeah, sorry, I am not good with their names this time around!

The Biggest Loser-it was good but just sad that these people make it to the show and they cut them right away, obviously they need the Ranch to loose the weight. Goodness, I feel so bad for them. It was funny how they all were sad to see Carla go but not Joelle. They didn't even really know Carla, oh well.

OK, I have to get back to work...take care ladies...
Babyhope1
3 Angel Babies
Failed IVF
babyhope1
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:26 am

bachelor tomorrow...I am excited.

I just saw an ad for the amazing race and got excited about that. I was wondering if any of my reality ivf friends like that show too? Dh and I both watch that one. In the ad they had a deaf guy and his mom, should be interesting. I had no idea it was starting so soon!
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby hrobinson » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Of course I LOVE the Amazing Race. I wonder what I watched before reality TV was invented. YIKES!!!
So, when is Amazing Race starting. My parents actually love that show as well.
If I could take off work, I would attempt to make it on that one:)

SURVIVOR starts in just 3 short days. I am so excited for that one.
hrobinson
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 pm

hrobinson- what the heck did we do before reality tv?

survivor starts on thursday, race starts on sunday!
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby hrobinson » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 pm

The sad thing is I am a teacher, and I am beginning a reading competition with one of my students today.....who can read this book faster, and get the better grade on the test. I am afraid that I may have to give up my reality TV for a few days so that I can buckle down and read. I would hate for my student (who is a really good reader) to beat me!!!!!
hrobinson
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:00 pm

hrobinson- I am a teacher too and feel bad for not reading and instead watching tv...but oh well, I am an addict!

The bachelor last night- I was just wondering to myself, what happened to deanna, and then they showed the preview of her coming. I am still confused about when she will show though, it sounded like she will be in new zealand during the overnight dates next week?

The hometown dates were a bit weird. Jillian's family I think was the nicest and most fun. I knew he would keep her based on the hometown date. Naomi's family was really strange and I had a feeling he was pretty uncomfortable and might sway his decision. Moll's parents were a bit strange with the hats, but seemed like really nice people, and I was suprised at Melissa's parents, but can understand. I wonder is Jason will get to meet them privately, I don;t know if he would pick her as the winner without meeting her parents, he seems like the type of guy that would insist on meeting them before proposing.

Ok, biggest loser tonight...and then survivor on thursday! You better set your dvr or tivo Hrobinson...your gonna have some catching up to do!

Babyloves- How those twins doing in there? Hope your feeling good.

Tiger- where you been? Hope to hear from you soon.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby tigersuz22 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi ladies!
I'm so sorry - I've been terrible about posting. I always read and make sure I'm caught up with yours and then something always happen to distract me.

I wasn't that surprised by the Bachelor. I think Jason is easier to figure out who he's going to cut than other Bachelors. I think he had chemistry with Naomi but I don't think she's as ready to step in as a stepmom as some of the others. However - I dont' think Melissa is as much, either - but she has a great connection with kids. I felt bad for her that her parents weren't too keen on being on TV. I can't say that I blame them. That has to be a hard thing for an entire family to agree to be on national TV. I agree with all of you - I think Molly and Jillian are the strongest connections but my money is on Molly being the final one.

I missed most of the Biggest Loser (i'm worthless past 8:30 nowadays) but I read about it online. I think the right person probably went home - that has to be tough having a newborn and being thousands of miles away! Also - I felt so bad last week that Carla had to go home because of Joelle. What is with these partners this season? There have been so many people that just don't seem to have the heart or the drive. I can't imagine getting the kind of gift like being on that show and then not working for it!

PS- If I didn't have reality TV, I have no clue what I'd do with myself. Do any of you watch Intervention? My husband and I watch it on A&E. Kind of sad, slightly depressing - but it's really interesting.

Hope you are all well!!!
tigersuz22

Postby hrobinson » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:39 pm

UGH!!!!!!! Help, in our area, CBS was out last night, so NOONE got to see Survivor. Please, give me all the gory details.....is it going to be a good season, are there twists to it? I am just so bummed. The first episode is always so important.

I will post more later. Valentine party today with my kids adn they are bouncing off the wall!!!!!
hrobinson
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Oh no HR! I am so sorry about your cbs, I would have been so mad! I will try and be thorough and fill you in.

It started with all 16 on the back of a truck. They had already been split into 2 teams of 8. When the truck stopped jeff says they have 60 minutes to grab any supplies off teh truck for their team.

After they get everything they can, he then says they will have a 4 hour trek in the 120F heat. But he says One person from each team will not make the journey, they will be having their first vote based on first impressions. They all get a parchment paper and vote. One team voted almost unanimously for an older women named Sandy? The other team voted for a frail and weak looking skinny blond girl. who explained afterward she was sick with strep throat and on medicine which is why she looked weak.

Jeff then says these 2 will be helicoptered to the sight instead of hiking 4 hours. I saw this coming! You always have to listen very carefully to jeff's words, he did not say they were going home, he said they would not make the journey. So when these outcasted people each go to their camp, they found treemail saying they had about 3 hours until others would get there, and they had a choice. They could either start building their camp, or search for a hidden idol which would save them the first time their team went to tribal council. Old lady decided to go for the idol b/c she was mad for being voted for based on age. Of course, she was clueless, found the first clue, but then got stuck on the next one because she didn;t know what a "pace" was. Skinny blond decided to skip the idol and get camp going. Her tribe arrived when it was dark and late, and she had built an entire shelter by herself, she got many brownie points from her tribe.

So challenge time, 6 from each team had to run out get some planks from the water, bring them back so the other two could build a staircase to a puzzle that would release their team flag for immunity. The team with the skiiny blond won, the team with the old lady lost, but old lady did very well in the challenge building the staircase.

When they got back to camp, she continued to look for the idol thinking she would go home, but no luck. Her team started talking about how well she did, and attention switched to a young girl with big boobs who had become bossy and opinionated already and struggled in the challenge. In the end, old lady stayed, big boobs went home suprised, first blindside.

I think the season will be good, but I love them all, so I am bias. There was already a young guy on one team who was walking around naked. One team has the youngest player ever, 19 I think. One team has a black guy who is an army sargeant who just finished a 12 month tour in afghanistan, and i don;t think he is being honest about being in the army. One team has a university soccer coach that I don;t care for already. He seems arrogant and bossy, like a leader they don;t need. He was already trying to build an alliance on the 4 hour hike before they even got to camp. If his team went to tribal, I think he would have been first to go. No one else really stuck out yet. I bet you could check out their profiles on the cbs site.

Sorry so long, but I wanted to catch you up.

I did watch the biggest loser, and was suprised they were splitting teams already. Even though i will still watch, I will start to lose interest as my other favorite shows are starting. I will also have to watch it on tape the next day since I can only force dh to watch so much "reality crap" as he says per week. He is much more likely to watch the race and survivor. My favorite team on biggest loser is the blue team, i really hope they win, they seem like such nice guys. I thought I liked pink, but they showed their true colors at this vote, they should have honored the wishes of the new dad and sent him home.

Whew, ok, I should go do stuff...other than being on the computer...talk to you all soon!
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum