IVF-Infertility.com home

The Bachelor- Completely off topic!

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Postby natashamom » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi there,

I looove Molly,she`s a sweetheart as wel as Jillian,both are the best for him.

Jason is a amazing sensntive handosme successful man and Deanna was nut to have chosen this other guy over him!

Enjoy Monday`s!!

Natasha.
natashamom
Regular

Sponsor

Postby hrobinson » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Michelle- Thank you so much for the update. You did really good. I now know who to come to when I miss one of the shows. I told a close friend of mine that we needed to call CBS and demand they rerun the show. I may still try to watch it on my computer. However, my computer is so slow. I will just have to start with week two.
Hopefully I will be able to see Amazing Race tonight. According to my DVR, CBS is off- air. However, it does say something will be recording, so we will see.

Okay, I have not written about the BAchelor or about Biggest Loser this week. So.....
Bachelor- I do believe Melissa will be gone this week. I think there is a connection there, though it may be purely physical. However, I totally understand Melissa's parents. It does make me wonder why she is still single. She is so pretty, and exciting hmmmmm.....
I am placing my money on Molly. I like her better than Jillian.
Was anxious to see Deana IS going to come back. However, I don't think it will be until next week. I could be totally wrong. I don't think she is putting her name in the hat. I think she will be there just to give Jason advice. CAn't wait to see.

Biggest Loser- I understand why they voted off who they did however, I would hate to have to face the wrath of trainer Bob. Pink team did exactly what Bob asked them to do. I understand why they sent home who they did, but I also look at it from a competitive point of view. I admire pink for doing what Bob told them to do.

Okay, so after tonight we will have 4 different shows to talk about. YIKES!!!!! Will we be able to keep up with all of them?????/ hehehe

Michelle- What do you teach?

Tiger- So good to hear from you. I was beginning to think that this thread was down to just Michelle and I. Love hearing everyone's opinions about these shows:)

babyhope- Hope you are still doing well. how far along are you?
hrobinson
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:25 am

So much tv, too little time!

HR- I do hope you fix the cbs problem, it would be a shame to miss survivor and amazing race premiers...which reminds me, i need to go set the dvr now.

I am still torn about the melissa situation. I would also agree and think she would not win, but my opinion is being swayed by the possible spoiler from week one. When they showed clips from the final scene, everyone noticed one of the girls was wearing a pinky ring, and melissa is the only one who wears one, so that makes me think she will atleast make it to the final 2, my guess is with molly. I also think deanna is coming back next week, not this week, I saw a preview that made me think that.

I agree with you HR about not wanting to deal with the wrath of bob, he is going to be so mad! He whispered to all of them to send the other one home...and no one listened but pink.

Natashamom- thanks for giving us your input, stop by anytime you want to chat about reality tv.

HR- I am certified k-6. Last year I took a position as a long term sub for the whole year for a librarian at an inner city elementary school. Right now I am just tutoring after school soi i can stay home with ella. I am almost done with my masters and my second certificate for middle school math. When i decide to go back to a job, i want to be in a middle school. What do you teach?

ok, gotta go get ready for the race...this show is always amazing...
Me- 28 DH- 33 Male Factor
1st IVF- 12/07- BFP! Ella Michele was born 8/26/8
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
1st FET- 09/09 - Chemical
3rd IVF - 04/11 - Embies didn't make it to ET
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby hrobinson » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 pm

WEll, last night on Bachelor really wasn't that GREAT in my opinion. I don't know if I was just tired or what. However, I will say that I was completely shocked.
I had kidn of predicted that going into the dates, Jillian might be the one to go. However, they got awfully steamy in the hot tub and I changed my mind and thought for sure he would pick her.
Then I just got this weird vibe during Molly's date that he wasn't as in to her as he had been in the past. Maybe it was edited funky to make you think that.
However, when it came to Melissa's date.....WOW!!!! When she was trying to say I love you I was sitting on the edge of my seat. Then when he jumped over and kissed her I totally got butterflies in my tummy. Is that bizarre or what?
Anyhow, in the end I knew he would take Melissa with him. I still thought Molly was gone though.

So, now I do believe in the slip in the beginning. I think he will end up with Melissa. I do NOT believe it will work with them though.
I don't think he will propose since he has not met the family. He will give her a promise ring and they will go from there. They will last a month or so and then go their separate ways.

Anyhow, just my thoughts.

Biggest loser tonight is supposed to be really good. I got a sneak peak update from their web site that says that Bob is PISSED and they will be paying for it.
hrobinson
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:24 pm

hr- I agree about the bachelor. I was more annoyed by certain parts than entertained. For instance, I find it really annoying that melissa says "absolutely" to everything. And I found it cheesy that everytime jason sees one of them they run to each other like in a movie and he picks them up and swings them. That can't last forever, imagine if we greeted our dh's that way everytime we saw them?

So I think I like molly the best. Jillian is a great person but I felt like she was saying a lot of buzz words that she thought jason wanted to hear, like I want to marry my best friend, or I didn't expect to have such great conversation. His time with molly sees much more genuine and I loved that they bungee jumped. I was on edge when melissa was professing her love too, but something seemed strange about it.

So the slip in the beginning seems true. I knew melissa would make it to atleast the final 2. It looks like deanna will show up just to tell him not to make a mistake like she did rather than to try and get him back. I really wish he would pick molly but I think it will be melissa mainly because of the preview of the after the rose show. They made it seem so dramatic that the only thing I can think is that Melissa's parents will be involved and they wanted it to be serious and private.

I also don;t think melissa and jason will last, she seems too young for him. I think she tries to hard to be what he wants her to be or to be overly cutesy. I think that will wear off after awhile and jason will realize he made a mistake too. I am looking forward to seeing them meet Ty, but I am mad at the reunion show next week. I always get siked for the finale and then they throw in the reunion show and I have to wait a week longer.

As far as biggest loser goes, I knew bob would be pissed! Should be interesting!

Did you watch the amazing race? I won't talk about it until I know that everyone saw it. I thought it was really good though. Will say more later about it.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby tigersuz22 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi ladies!

Hope you're all doing well - we had a banker's holiday yesterday for President's Day so I was actually able to stay up to watch all of the Bachelor, rather than watching it this morning on my DVR. What did we do before DVR???

I thought he would let Jillian go - and it was kind of solidified after Melissa said she loved him and he kissed her right away. I think that was his way of saying it back since he can't "legally" divulge his feelings. And the previews made it seem like Melissa had a better connection with Ty which could be what seals the deal. Although I think Molly is more mature and stable.

And what is up with the "secretive" after the rose ceremony?? They're so good with getting my interest - I think it has to be about Melissa, since her parents were so against being on camera. And I'm with you, Michele, on the Deanna stuff - I think they edit it so it's a big teaser but it's really just her offering help or guidance. Which may be really funny, since she dumped Jesse after about 5 minutes!

Biggest Loser will be interesting tonight - I would think Bob would be mad, but maybe if they tell him that Blaine was begging to go home it might soften the blow.

Reality TV is the only thing that gets me through the beginning of the week!! :)

Hope everything is going well out in your worlds!!
tigersuz22

Postby babyhope1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey ladies, so what is up with Chris Harrison saying its the most dramatic in Bachelor History, every rose ceremony is the most dramatic but for some reason I believed him. So, what twist could possibly happen? I think they are setting it up to look like Molly is his first pic but I think its Melissa.

I agree, there is no way this situation could possibly work out...could the twist be that Melissa's parents fly in to meet him or something. He could ask their permission, wouldn't that be dramatic? The guess is way out there but its a thought.
Babyhope1
3 Angel Babies
Failed IVF
There is someone in Heaven looking out for me!
babyhope1
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:04 pm

So I watched the niggest loser this morning and I was suprised that bob seemed to take it so well. I mean, he voiced his opinion but he wasn;t really mad.

I really liked the challeneg where they had to find the keys, I though that was a clever challenge. I did not like the rowing challenge. I think it is crappy that some people are being held back by their teammates and I think it is time they go individual. I was happy pink fell below, I was starting not to care for them too much. I knew they would not take advantage of having the gym to themselves. It looks like from previews that next week they are switching up the teams, coin toss to see who goes where and they show bob crying, so I expect some partners to be on opposite teams. It should be interesting.

Ok, survivor tomorrow, I will post probably on friday with my thoughts. Have a good week everyone.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby esperanza » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Hello ladies,

Just crashing your thread to let you know that you got me into the bachellor...I can't believe it! I couldn't resist it after reading this thread and I've been watching it for the past 3 weeks, even DH has watched it with me, which is a shocker! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I can't wait for the big finally :)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know the influence you ladies have on me :lol: :lol:
me: 33 dh: 40
2 miscarriages (natural pregs. #1 Aug 2006, #2 May 2010)
IVF # 1 jan 08 BFN
FET #1 March 08 BFN
FET #2 July 08 BFP (DD born on April 2009)
esperanza
Regular

Postby hrobinson » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:50 pm

esperanza- Welcome, please come and visit any time you like. Also, share with us your thoughts:) WE love newbies :D

Okay, Biggest Loser- I too loved the first challenge. What a great way to get a workout in. I was so impressed with all the people that helped Roger get up and down the hill. This show really has some people with class on it.
I was grading papers during the rowing competition so I did not understand exactly how it worked. However, I must say that I was so happy that Black won. I would have been furious if green would have won. Tara drives me up a wall.
I too was shocked that Bob took things so well, who they eliminated. The preview that I got on the computer said that he was POed and they would have to deal with the wrath of Bob. Guess not. I understand why they voted to send Blaine home, but come on guys strategy has to play a role at some point.
Okay, for next week, I am assuming by the previews, that some of the partners are split up. I am going to guess by the way Bob was crying that Roger is sent over to be with Jilian while his son stays with Bob. Bob really likes the two of them.
Did you know that next week it is on both Tuesday and Wednesday? Just for an hour each night. Not sure why they divided it, but should be good.

Amazing Race- WOW!!! It was a good one. There are definately some characters on that show. I was so shocked with who got booted off, but that is the way it goes. The older couple is never going to make it.
hrobinson
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Esperanza- I am so glad we converted you! I remember hearing about the bachelor a long time ago, and I use to think...what a stupid show, I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, and then I watched and was hooked. I hope another season starts soon.

HR- I think Dad and Son might get split too, which stinks because they really need each other. I don't mind the green team, I like how strong willed tara is but it stinks her partner is holding her back. I don;t really care for pink, I like blue and purple a bunch, hope one of them wins.

Amazing race was great. They started with some crazy challenges, like the bungee jump. They usually save those kind of things for later in the show, so maybe this will be a really intense season. I am definitely routing for the deaf guy and his mom, it is so emotional to watch them. I also like the younger dating couple that seems quiet and reserved, they seem sweet. I didn;t like the ones who got eliminated and am glad they are gone. They would have fought the whole season. The "hicks," so they called themselves, won;t last very long. Can you believe that cheese competition? I was cracking up the whole time, seeing cheese flying down the hill, it looked hard, but was so funny!

Ok, I will post again after survivor!

As if we don;t have enough reality shows to talk about, anyone watching idols and have any favorites yet?
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby babyhope1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Hello fellow reality show junkies, anyone watch Idol? My vote is on Alexis (nice name btw) Robbie Gokey (widow) and Anoop "dogg" I have to admit I fell asleep during idol and missed Biggest Loser. I did DVR it and watched part of it.

Is it just me or is Tara a real B*$#*? She has a potty mouth and its getting worse, throwing her friend under the bus, it is a game but not at your best friend and partners expense. Man, nice teamwork! I was surprised that Hellen stayed over her daughter. That is a little strange, isnt the better strategy (besides what the other players mentioned) that your younger one has faster metabolism and therfore a better choice?

Sorry, I don't watch Survivor or the Race ladies, maybe I should. I have had to give up all my hobbies as of late, happy hour, wine tasting, kickboxing, mountain biking and soccer leagues. URG! Frustrated but getting better headed into the second trimester shortly.
Babyhope1
3 Angel Babies
Failed IVF
There is someone in Heaven looking out for me!
babyhope1
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm

babyhope- you should give those 2 shows a chance, those are 2 of my favorites, great shows!

I guess tara does have a potty mouth and could tone it down, but I feel like she is being real too, no fakeness for the cameras, just hard work and telling it like it is.

Idol- I love Danny gokey (the widow), he stole the show last night, anoop will go far I think, none of the girls stood out for me, except Tatiana, but in a bad way, the judges needed to get rid of her weeks ago, and now I hope america gets rid of her.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

Postby hrobinson » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 pm

ANOTHER reality show to talk about!!!! I also watch American Idol, but am not totally into it like I am the other shows. I must admit that I still haven't watched Tuesday or Wednesday Idol, but hopefully will get caught up on those this weekend.
I could not stand Tatiana in any of her initial tryouts, and could not believe they kept her. However, think how boring it would be without the drama queen. I think she will make it for a few weeks, and then be cut.

Okay, what about Celebrity Apprentice? Do you guys watch that? I liked it better when it was just regular Apprentice, but I did watch it last season. I was shocked that it is back this season.

Babyhope- I too dislike the green team. You have Tara, who while she is very strong, she is also very annoying. Her potty mouth really bothers me, and her lack of sympathy. Her teammate also annoys me as she seems pretty lazy and whinny!!!!! As a teacher I cannot stand people who whine, or who are lazy.
I cannot believe you are already almost to the 2nd trimester. Has it flown for you? Giving up all your hobbies will be well worth it here in just a few short months.
hrobinson
Regular

Postby CT_Michele » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:51 pm

I wonder if I can change the name of this thread to "Reality TV."

HR- I do watch the apprentice too. When you ask the question, "Do you watch ________(insert the name of any reality show)," the answer 99.99% of the time is yes. I also liked the apprentice when it was regular people, since they were all really trying to get a job, but the celebrities are still fun to watch. It looks like they got some interesting people this time around.

And dancing with the stars too, I think they got some really good people this time, both should be really fun to watch.
2nd IVF- 04/09 - BFN
4th IVF - Fall 2011??
CT_Michele
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum