IVF-Infertility.com home

new to the board, but retrieval is tomorrow

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

new to the board, but retrieval is tomorrow

Postby 41andscaredsilly » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 pm

and I'm really frightened after reading the board. Im 41 and the u/s shows 18 plus three very small.

This is the first cycle for me, but honestly I can't even begin to think about going through this again. The stim drugs have made me a hormonal wreck. My husband and I have been fussing with each other continually and I have no idea whether that's just another thing I didnt know could potentially happen.

Any advice?
41andscaredsilly

Postby waiting for 4 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi 41! Welcome to the crazy world of IVF. 18 follicles is great! much better than I had this last week.

As for the hectic stuff at home with your husband (or DH- dearest husband) thats totally normal. The stress of the process is bad enough and will bring out the worst side of everyone at times, and then throw hormone shots on top of it?! - theres just no getting around it. Take some time to relax and think through how you are feeling. I find most of the time what I want to fight about is the most idiotic and petty things I could have ever imagined. IVF is a true test of patience and love.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I am no expert but have been on the board for a while and am in my second round. Have a great day! :D
Me 25, DH 27

10X clomid, 3 w/IUI
IVF 1- BFP, MC@9 wks
IVF 2- BFN
husband laid off- no infertility coverage
3X with femara, all BFN's but has regulated my cycle and FINALLY got positives on ovulation test
Currently on my 4th cycle with femara
waiting for 4
Regular

Postby Catharine » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi 41 and scared silly-
there's a lovely group of ladies on the over 40 board. We all help each other out during and after the process. What you are feeling is natural. good luck with your retrieval. All I can say about the fussing is try to focus on your goal: producing a beautiful baby or two [maybe more?]. I know it's hard for you are on a mega hormonal roller coaster, patience is my best advice.

Hope to see you in the over 40 crowd board.

Wishing you all the best,
Catharine
Me 46 DH 46
ttc > 5y
1 IVF Feb08 BFP singleton born Nov, '08
1 IVF Nov09 BFN
1 IUI May10,Sept10, Oct10 BFNs

Catharine
Regular

Re: new to the board, but retrieval is tomorrow

Postby tinaO » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi! Just wanted to wish you good luck and try not to stress! I was scared of the retrieval and it was much easier than I thought! It is over so quickly! I only had 13 eggs that were retrieved and 10 ended up fertilizing. They put 2 embryos in and I am now the proud mother of a beautiful baby BOY! I remember the stress well and I HATED the shots. I cried when my husband gave them to me! But if I knew now what the results were going to be...it would not have mattered! My son was worth it. So, just think positive. The worst part is over...the stimming. So, GOOD LUCK!!
Me - 40; DH - 42
2 IUI's-BFN
1st IVF: BFP
Noah was born 8/20/08; he's our world!
Started FET 7/11
Only 1 frozen to transfer - praying for another miracle!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
tinaO
Regular

Return to General Forum