IVF-Infertility.com home

Ovarian Cysts

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Ovarian Cysts

Postby dnbbruce » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:15 am

I have had a history of ovarian cyst, one actually resulted in the removal of my right ovary. Now that I am starting IVF I am on Lupron, since starting Lupron I have developed another cyst that needs to be aspirated. Has anyone else had ovarian cysts during their IVF cycles?
dnbbruce

Postby 2010 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:13 am

not sure if this is helpful but i had a cyst at my baseline check and had to wait a week to start stims, it shrank and wasnt a problem anymore for starting the cycle...
me 37 with no identified infertility issues
DH 36 low sperm count, bad motility and morphology
TTC for more than 1 year
First IVF Nov 09

Postby Ghost » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Ovarin cysts are common, and aspirating them is also common.
Note: I am not an MD and not an expert.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Re: Ovarian Cysts

Postby JennyKent » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:55 am

Ovarian cysts affect women of all ages. The vast majority of ovarian cysts are considered functional (or physiologic). This means they occur normally and are not part of a disease process. Most ovarian cysts are benign, meaning they are not cancerous, and many disappear on their own in a matter of weeks without treatment. While cysts may be found in ovarian cancer, ovarian cysts typically represent a harmless (benign) condition or a normal process. Ovarian cysts occur most often during a woman's childbearing years.
JennyKent

Return to General Forum