IVF-Infertility.com home

Ovulation monitor as good as IVF

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Ovulation monitor as good as IVF

Postby dish_cam » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with fertility/ovulation monitors before and could comment on how successful or useful they are in trying to conceive?

I have heard of an advanced UK/European based ovulation monitor that takes 20,000 temperature measurements a day, is very small and discrete and worn under the arm, and there's no need to manually chart out the temperatures as all the data is wirelessly transmitted to a group of fertility experts - who advise you on when the best time to conceive is.

In a recent study I read, 242 women were tested using only this ovulation monitor and they had similar pregnancy rates to those undergoing IVF at 1/10th the cost. Do you think insurance companies in the US would cover such a medical device?

Any comments would be most welcomed!

Dish

Read more: Infertility Forum - any other women on here struggling to get pregnant? http://ehealthforum.com/health/any-othe ... z1o53aYkiO
dish_cam

Return to General Forum