IVF-Infertility.com home

Over 40 ivf success rate

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Over 40 ivf success rate

Postby Dragonfly » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi everyone

I'm new here, thought I would join. I have my transfer in Saturday, I had three day five Compacted embryos transferred, I'm 42, the consultant told me with the three at the same stage I have a 20 % chance of a successful pregnancy. I'm not sure if this is a good chance or not?

After six miscarriages (past five years) and one failed ivf (this is our second ivf) I'm a little nervous, test day is Aug 6, just a week away and this time the longest week ever.

My cramps have stopped totally, breasts not to painful either just a slight headache but taking progesterone twice daily so I expect it's that causing headache.

I did hypnosis visualisation and acupuncture this time around and (last time only five with two to transfer on day two) I got 17 eggs, 12 fertilised and all made it to day five but then none didn't make it to blast so we've none to freeze, I have had the only three that were all compacted embryos verging on blast they said.

Anyone else had similar experience ?

Cautiously excited and also a little nervous, worried etc
Dragonfly

Return to General Forum