IVF-Infertility.com home

HCG in the morning - oooouch!

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Postby Sarah30 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:19 pm

Hello<br><br>Day 6 tomorrow after FET (was on Monday, could be 5 days not sure if you count the actualy et day).<br><br>DH is giving me my second HCG injection in the morning and I'm panicking about it already. The one the nurse gave me was a killer - even made my eyes water. Any tips for making it less painful??<br><br>Still feeling nothing inside, is anyone else around day 5/6 after et? what feelings have you got?<br><br>Sarah :O)
Sarah30
Regular

Postby fiona_lk » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:08 pm

Hi Sarah,<br><br>I believe rubbing an ice cube on the injection site before (but never tried it myself) and witch hazel after may ease any stinging. Oh, and going in straight rather than an angle may help.<br><br>I think its more rare to feel something this early, so don't worry.<br><br>Good Luck<br><br>Love Fiona xxx
Me:36 Dh:46, ttc 5+yrs, M/F (96% abnormal).
13 unsuccessful Txs From 2000 [4xClomid (NHS), 7xIUI(d)s & ICSI#1 (MFS), ICSI#2 (MFS) Oct 02 (ectopic)] Natural pg Jan 03 m/c 5.5wks
ICSI#3 (CARE) +ve boy (Xander) EDD 21/03/04 - so excited!!!!!!
fiona_lk
Regular

Postby lisa » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:51 pm

Hi Sarah,<br>Sorry no tips to give but just a quickie to say glad things are still going in the right direction. Good luck in the morning with the injection (that's one bit I don't miss, all those injections, especially when you catch the wrong bit, draw blood and end up with the biggest bruise) but fingers xed, it will all be worth it xxx<br><br>Take Care<br>lisa
lisa

Return to General Forum