IVF-Infertility.com home

Another new girl

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Another new girl

Postby julie mins » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:47 am

I have finally found the courage to join the message board after spending lots of time following everyones progress.<br><br>I started stims on Thursday and so expect ec to be about 11th November. This is my 2nd time at icsi and whilst I am not as nervous this time round the prospect is still quite daunting.<br><br>I am lucky enough to have one beautiful son who is three and who was conceived without us even trying! Unfortunately since then we have been trying to have another and after tests found my husband has a low sperm count due to medical problems. Also I have reached the dreaded age of 40.<br><br>Last time I spent a lot of time looking at the message board and it gave me loads of great information and also helped me get through it so this time I thought I should contribute as well.<br><br>Look forward to sharing this rollercoaster ride with everyone. Its so great to read the success stories - it gives us all hope.<br>
julie mins

Sponsor

Another new girl

Postby beck » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:54 am

hello julie.....and a big welcome to the mad house!!<br><br>good luck with the e/c.i think there will be a few of you .... so keep posting and you will meet some good cycle buddies.<br><br>we do have 8o/c chats most nights so feel free to join in.<br>lots of love beck x
beck
Regular

Another new girl

Postby JC » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:45 am

Hi Julie (from another Julie)<br><br>I’m glad you have decided to join us. I just wanted to welcome you to the board and to wish you lots of luck with your cycle. It’s all very daunting but I’m sure you will find the support of your “cycle buddies” invaluable as I have in the past.<br><br>I’m not cycling at the moment as I’m having a few months off but hoping to start again may be in January. I’ve had 6 cyles so far (4 IVF, 1 FET and my last cycle was abandoned as I didn’t even produce enough follies to get to EC stage!) but as you can see I’m not prepared to give up just yet. There have been so many encouraging positive stories on the board lately that it really does inspire me to have another go.<br><br>Wishing you all the luck in the world. Please feel free to ask about anything that is bothering you or just come here and post your anxieties or have a chat.<br>Luv Julie x<br>
Julie, age 35. Married 12 years, ttc for 10 years, 2 ectopic pregnancies, lost both tubes so tried IVF. 7 unsuccessful attempts and have reached the end of the road so not sure where I belong !!
JC

Another new girl

Postby Sarah30 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 1:03 pm

Hello Julie<br><br>I only found this website just over a week ago and use if virtually every day, it's so comforting to talk to other people in the same boat.<br><br>I'm on my second attempt - had FET on Monday so am on the dreaded 2WW. <br><br>Good luck and hope you grow loads of loads of eggs!<br><br>Love Sarah :O)
Sarah30
Regular

Another new girl

Postby KarenSmiff » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:11 pm

Another new girl too!.....Hiya all, Ive been reading these stories all week and find them very informative, also makes me realise that I'm definately not alone!<br><br>I am 29, and we've been trying for 3 years. My other half had a vasect.reversed 3 yrs ago this Dec,(he has 2 children) and I'm still not pregnant. His last sperm analysis was 25 mil (good) but only 8% motile, needs to be nearer 40%. Only just started out with the IVF process, currently having all the tests done, but it definately helps to read everyones stories, and to know what to expect.... trying to get used to the Jargin. what does dh mean??????? I have 2 friends who've had IVF and they both have their babies, one girl has even managed to have two (2yr & 6mnth old boys). Hope for us all!<br><br><br><br>
Me 31 Poor responder, DH 37 failed vasect.reversal.
1st ICSI 3 eggs, 1 embie - neg
2nd ICSI 4 eggs, 3 embies - neg
3rd ICSI 5 eggs, only 1 egg mature, 1 x embie -POS, Miscarried early may 04 at 9 wks
KarenSmiff
Regular

Another new girl

Postby Mags529 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:20 pm

New also, help with the jargin would be great.<br><br>Mags
Mags529
Regular

Another new girl

Postby Michelle » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:33 pm

Hi Julie, Mags and Sarah<br>This site is a god send. To help you with the jargon:<br>DH - Dear Husband<br>2ww - 2 week wait (or 2 worst weeks!)<br>ET - embryo transfer<br>EC - embryo collection<br>AF - Aunt Flo (period)<br>FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer<br>TCC - trying to conceive<br>You'll pick the lingo up in no time! Wishing you all loads of luck.<br>Love<br>Michelle
Michelle
Regular

Another new girl

Postby becky » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:36 pm

Hi Julie..we will probabbly be cycle buddies ..I started stimms on monday and I am sure to go in for EC around the 11th of November to!<br><br>Take care and keep in touch..Best of luck..<br><br>Becky B
becky
Regular

Another new girl

Postby julie mins » Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:25 pm

Thanks for all your replies and for the useful information.<br><br>Becky - it will be great to have someone to cycle with - sometimes it gets so frustrating when you can't talk to friends about how you are feeling. I am sure some people think I have gone a bit mad.<br><br>
julie mins

Another new girl

Postby pru » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:49 pm

Hello Julie,<br><br>I am also quite new to this message board but is has been quite informative. I work with computers all day long so ususally the last thing I want to do is long onto my computer when I get home. However since I discovered this site, there has been no day that I haven't logged on. I find it reassuring to know that I am not on my own. welcome aboard.
pru

Return to General Forum