The Over 40 Crowd

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.
Regular

Post by 032323 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:40 pm

God I hope I'm the same as you then - bad cramping yesterday - worse today!! Really worried!

Caz x

Sponsor

teachertam
Regular

Post by teachertam » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:09 am

Hello Ladies:

Sandra,
I'm so sorry about your negative. A negative is hard to take, when you've gone through hell during stimming and progesterone shots, etc.
We are here for you.

Randa, Caz, Debra: Fingers are crossed. Someone has to join Jules!

Lisa: I'm so glad to hear that things are moving right along for you. I've thought in the past that I might volunteer at the local "Pregnancy Crisis Center". That way when a young, single pregnant girl comes in and wants to adopt, I would be able to refer her to a nice couple :lol: Too bad it is not that easy. We have just been assigned our Social Worker, so I need to get the "home visit" set up ASAP. It will take ~ 2 weeks for her to write up the study, after the visit.

Lara: That is ridiculous! I can't believe you have to have all of those tests again.

BigJ: Thanks so much for the info. on egg donation. I can't believe how inexpensive it is in the Ukraine. It will cost us around US $10,000 to go one more round of IVF, with my own eggs. I think I'm going to try that first. I'm hoping for lots of eggs, but I know my odds are not that good. My doctor reiterated to me that my odds of success are 10 - 20%. I may call it quits after that and just finish the international adoption process.
You never know though, as we originally planned to only do one IVF cycle.
I'm so glad to hear your statistics on genetic problems. That has to make you feel good.

Kat: How is the weather in Singapore? It is getting cold here.

Have a nice Thursday,
Tammy
Me 46/DH 48 (12/05 & 3/06: IVF#1/#2: BFN)
6/06:Nat. Preg.-DS 2/07; 12/08 IVF#3 fet -BFN
5/09& 6/09 Femara#1/#2-BFN; 7/09 IUI with femara/GF BFN
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10750;80/st/20070228/n/Andrew+James/k/c5ae/age.png[/img]

randa2006
Regular

Post by randa2006 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:17 am

Just updating our list. I like your idea, BigJ, of adding the other successes from the past year.

New Mommies:
Alette (own eggs)
Jude - twins (DE)
Joy - twins (DE)

Ladies in waiting
BigJ (Jules) - BFP 9/12/05 - EDD 15/08/06 praying hard

2ww:
Sandra - Test 15th Feb test again 17th Feb
Randa - Test 17th Feb
Caz - Test 19th Feb
Debra - Test 21st Feb

On meds/about to start:
Anna - Waiting for AF to start short protocol
Diane - start meds 28th Feb.
Kat - Going to Spain 2nd March for testicular biopsy for new DE tmt
Lara - Scan 14th Feb
Tammy- SIS 9th Feb, IVF 2 March
Zippy -?

Preparing:
Amfy - FET March/April
Bev- waiting for egg donor, considering abroad - appt 16th Feb at IM
Gail - planning March IVF
Jane- visit to Spain 24th Jan to decide next step
Jen - Taking time out then, next IVF in May...
Michelle - blood test Tues 14th Feb for 2nd cycle
Robyn - 2nd IVF cycle in March

Recent cyclers:
Lisa - BFP Feb but sadly lost at 5 weeks after DE
Caroline - natural FET cancelled Feb, failed thaw.
Randa
Me 44, DH 40
ttc 0, went straight to IVF
1st EC = Feb 05, 5 frosties, no transfer attempt
2nd EC = June 05, cancelled
3rd EC = Sept 05, 4 frosties, no transfer attempt
4th EC/ET = Feb 06, 3 transf., BFN
5th EC/ET = May 06

Regular

Post by 032323 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:11 am

Oh no! - spotting this morning and really bad af cramps!! Is this game over??

Caz x

Sand
Board Veteran

Post by Sand » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:18 pm

Caz - As we've seen many times before, spotting and cramps do not automatically mean -ve. You've not much longer to wait now (well, I know it'll seem forever to you). Try to keep up the pma just a bit longer. S x

Randa ... Glad to see you're feeling optimistic again. Hoorahh !! Is it really only 1 more sleep ? OMG !!!! Good luck !!!

Debra ... How's your back today ? Have you had to go into college ? Apart from all your pains, how is your pma ?

Traci .. How are you ?? Where are you up to with stimming ?

Hello to everyone and thanks for all your kind messages :) Cramps and brown sludge today, so even less hopeful. Might do the test tonight, instead of tomorrow (just to be sure to be sure) - then have that glass of wine that's beckoning :wink:

Lots of PMA all around ...!!!

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11

lara
Regular

Post by lara » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Sand, you definitely deserve a glass of wine, or 6. I don't blame you doing the test a day early - I'd do the same thing.
Caz, hang on in there, you never know, you just never know...
Randa, crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for you for tomorrow... We need a hit on this board.
Debra, get down that osteopath quick, bad backs are BAD. I had one for years - extra joint in my lower back - it drags at you. Hope you get some relief.
Well, I'm off the clinic again in the morning, I feel sick as a parrot with nerves as usual. My bottle has well and truly gone.
Take care, all
Lara x

lara
Regular

Post by lara » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:15 pm

Tammy - those odds look quite good to me, 10% to 20%, I'd be quite perked up if I was told that! go for it, girl!

So Lisa - what is the birth stone for June? A lump of concrete dropped from a great height? (Just kidding!) Adoption stuff is very interesting - I'm taking it all in for possible future reference. I think the UK is even more of a long drawn out process of adoption than the US. We do like to tie ourselves up in bureaucracy over here.

Cheers, Lara x

randa2006
Regular

Post by randa2006 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:32 pm

Lara, you always bring a smile to my face! :D
Caz, it's true that others have spotted and still had +ve. But if that is not your fate, we are here for you. Hang on, not much longer.
Sandra - YOU ARE AMAZING!!! What an example you are of keeping your head when things are not going your way. Good for you!
I had a -ve at my home test this morning, so I'm sure it's not my round either. :( Was a little down but now I'm over it.
I know hpt can be wrong, but I think this one was right.
I work today and tomorrow, then on a quick trip to AZ, so posting will be a bit more challenging (at least dh got me a loaner pc a few days ago and that has really helped my communication situation recenlty).

Gotta get to work. See you all later this evening.
God Bless!
Randa
Me 44, DH 40
5th EC/ET = May 06

DebraP
Valued Contributor

Post by DebraP » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:04 pm

I've added a few more new 40+ mummies names to our list. If I've any details missing/wrong, pl. correct.

I'm doing better having seen a chiropractor and will go back tomorrow. No x-rays of course which didn't help but he thinks it's a damaged spinal nerve which is also affecting my entire left leg, my left knee has been weak/painful for a very long time. He was totally underwhelmed by how long ago I first injured my back and did nothing about it (4 years?). He was also very good about my yelling then sobbing like a simpleton in shock at his sudden wrenching and twisting of my body. I tried to explain, in Norwegian, through my sobs, how I'm only comfortable protecting myself right now and that having someone cause me pain and shock whilst I'm on my 2ww was too much. He was very sweet, poor guy.....

Caz, I hope the spotting has stopped and you're still on for your test?

Lara, good luck with the next scan tomorrow.

Lisa, good news that the paperwork is getting done so quickly. Lara's right, the UK can take 1-2years to process the paperwork.

Randa, sorry it was a -ve hpt. It was early though. I'm still waiting for tomorrow. ps. I don't know what kicked my back out, I was strolling along in college, not even carrying a bag. I did damage it a few years ago in the same place and it was never the same after.

Hi to everyone else. Any updates from those preparing for treatment? there are 13 of you...something must be happening ... surely?

New 40+ Mommies:
Alette (own eggs). Son Nov 05
Jude - twins (DE) 05
Joy - twins (DE) 05
CarolineP - Daughter Nov 05
Squew - twins 05

Ladies in waiting
Debbieed - own eggs, BFP August 05. EDD - April 06?
BigJ (Jules) - BFP 9/12/05 - EDD 15/08/06 praying hard
DPerry (Donna). DE. BFP July 05

2ww:
Sandra - Test 15th Feb test again 17th Feb
Randa - Test 17th Feb
Caz - Test 19th Feb
Debra - Test 21st Feb

On meds/about to start:
Anna - Waiting for AF to start short protocol
Diane - start meds 28th Feb.
Kat - Going to Spain 2nd March for testicular biopsy for new DE tmt
Lara - Scan 14th Feb
Tammy- SIS 9th Feb, IVF 2 March
Zippy -?

Preparing:
Amfy - FET March/April
Bev- waiting for egg donor, considering abroad - appt 16th Feb at IM
Gail - planning March IVF
Jane- visit to Spain 24th Jan to decide next step
Jen - Taking time out then, next IVF in May...
Michelle - blood test Tues 14th Feb for 2nd cycle
Robyn - 2nd IVF cycle in March

Recent cyclers:
Lisa - BFP Feb but sadly lost at 5 weeks after DE
Caroline - natural FET cancelled Feb, failed thaw.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.

Regular

Post by 032323 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi Girls

BFN!! for me too unfortunately - couldn't stand the suspense any longer so left work early and went to see my pals at the ivf unit - they did a hpt for me and it was a definate -ve !!! Told me to still test on Sunday just in case!! I wish!
Anyway girls not my time either! Bit dpressing at the mo eh! Far too many BFNs!!
COME ON DEBRA IT'S DOWN TO YOU!! WE'LL ALL BE ROOTING FOR YOU! CHEER US ALL UP EH!

Thanks to all of you for your support it has made the whole process much easier to bear having people in the same boat to share stories with. I will definately be staying in touch whilst waiting for the next time which at this precise moment cant come quick enough! We will probably give it just one more shot - dh hasn't given up hope on this time yet though!! Because I'm not flooding he still has hope!! Dear of him! Get real!!

Bye for now

Caz x

Sand
Board Veteran

Post by Sand » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:37 pm

Caz .. Has the spotting continued / got worse / dried up ? Doesn't it seems rather early to test today, when Sunday's the real day ?? I hope you will still test Sunday ..

Randa ... You make me laugh :D Quote : "I know hpt can be wrong, but I think this one was right." Haha. I know you're not hopeful, but let's pls wait and see what tomorrow brings. There's no AF and another day can make the difference. Good luck for your real test tomorrow ..

Thanks to everyone for their messages .. I'm fine thanks ..

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11

Regular

Post by 032323 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:08 pm

Hi Sandra

What time are you doing a test - Good luck!!

I have light cramps and spotting very small smidgings of brown blood now and then - expect it will get heavier soon. I know what you mean about testing early but had to be put out of my misery!
Have you read the Feb thread? You must read what happed to Cla!!
A glimmer of hope!!

Caz x

randa2006
Regular

Post by randa2006 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:30 am

Hi Gang,

So sorry to hear about your -ve, Caz. But you sound pretty upbeat, which helps me. I'll try to be as brave as you and Sandra.

Since my dh is out of town, I had to swing by the clinic to get my progesterone shot this morning, and they decided to go ahead and test me early. I'm not pregnant either. BFN for me. :cry:
We cancelled tomorrow's appointment, so this was really it.

We will get in to see them for our followup asap and go from there. Not sure if next round will be frozen or another stim (hubby wants stim/fresh).
But we are hoping to go again quickly either way.

Good luck to Sandra for tomorrow (still a little hope there) and Debra for the 21st!
Randa
Me 44, DH 40
5th EC/ET = May 06

DianeC
Regular

Post by DianeC » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:35 am

Hi everyone

Sorry to hear that people testing after their 2ww have tested -ve.

Hang in there - the result day is usually the worst. Take time to work through the coming days and avoid any extra stressors if possible.

Thinking of you

Di

Jeni Babes

Post by Jeni Babes » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:57 am

hi all

i have quickily logged on to find if there are any smilie faces :) ... I am sorry Randa,big hugs...i know how you feel...Enjoy sunny AZ 8) 8) with hubby.

Sand and Caz I know you too are -ve but try and keep the faith and do the re-test...you never know!

Debra ...our future hopes all lie with you now Honey

Hugs to everyone else ...especially Kat and Anna in the sun 8) 8)
( i am so jealous i really need a holiday)

Big J good to hear from youo and sweetie...she's getting big at 9cm...ah Bless!!!!

Lara- what a stressor for you...it seems like one thing after another for you...keep the Faith Honey...we are all with and rooting for you!!! :D :D

Update on me AF has fully arrived :D ...bang on time ( as last one was short and 10 days late) so glad to be back in the horomone loop...was worrried for a while it had all gone heywire! Dad is slowly getting better and we are hoping when he recieves his results ( CT ecg CAT) he will be allowed home ( Sunday Monday). Breathe a sigh of relief!

thaks to all of you for your mega support through this...
i will try and catch you all over the weekend..Have a good one!

love jen
xxxxx