IVF-Infertility.com home

New girl finally starting to understand your abbreviations

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Postby julie » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:39 am

I've looked at this site many many times over the last four weeks. The first time I thought I'd landed on another planet, I couldn't make head nor tail of all the abbreviations. Having now gone through my first round of IVF I feel confident enough to log on and join in and hopefully understand what you are talking about. The only abbreviation I haven't worked out yet is AF - anyone want to enlighten me. My ET (told you I had the hang of it) was last Friday and I guess i am now in the 2WW's. No-one had told me I needed to take time off work so I have thrown a sickie - perhaps some of you can help me here - does it really make a difference to be laying in bed all day or is it better to lead a normal life and try and keep your mind off it? EC apparently went well I had 11 eggs 10 of which fertilised, 2 transferred and all but one of the rest frozen. So would anyone like to me tell me what's likely to happen now - do you expect your period on the normal day or is it delayed because of all the drugs? Any advice suggestions or just a chat to while away the boredom will all be gratefully received<br><br>Julie
julie

Sponsor

Postby fi » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:22 pm

Hi Julie,<br><br>Good luck with your 2WW! I know what you mean about abbrevs(!) it does take a while! AF someone (think was Tee) said is for Auntie Flo or some 'americanism' !!!<br><br>Regarding the chilling out, I have only been through 1 treatment cycle which didn't work out - and I
fi
Regular

Hi Julie,<br><br>Good luck with your 2WW! I know what you mean about abbrevs(!) it does take a while! AF someone (think was Tee) said is for Auntie Flo or some 'americanism' !!!<br><br>Regarding the chilling out, I have only been through 1 treatment cycle which didn't work out - and I
fi
Regular

fi
Regular

Postby fi » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:23 pm

OH NO!!
fi
Regular

Postby fi » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:23 pm

OH NO!!
fi
Regular

Postby fi » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:32 pm

sorry all my computer is MAD (not me) and sent a million copies of my stuff!! aarrgh!<br><br>what i was saying is would recommend Julie you do as much chilling as poss and make the most of it - I will next time.<br><br>you'll get lots of support from the other 2ww/ers<br><br>best go sort out my computer now!!<br><br>lol<br><br>mad Fi
fi
Regular

Postby Barbs » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:05 pm

Hi Julie<br><br>I'm near the end of my 2ww - due to test on Thursday so very anxious.<br>This is my first IVF so, like you, I am very new. I don't think anyone can really prepare you for these two weeks.<br>I decided to take the whole time off and while I have been pleased to be able to relax and sleep when I want too, it has been difficult to take my mind off of things. I think it is just personal choice and what you feel happy with. <br>I have had very positive days but equally very negative days.<br>Had lots of discomfort the first week - something felt like it was going on and then the weekend I had lots of cramping. Some days my boobs are heavy, the next day nothing. I am on various medication from the hospital along with the dreaded pessaries.<br>It is difficult to know whether the symptoms are from the hormones or something else. I'm just so eager to test and know what is happening.<br>Like I said, I am new to this too, but if you are worried like I have been or depressed, then just type your message and there will always be someone who can help and put your mind at rest.<br>They really are a good bunch on here. I could not have survived without them.<br>Good Luck and relax.<br><br>Love Barbs xxxxxxxxxxx<br>
Barbs

Return to General Forum