Pheonixes Rising

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Post by nicolamark » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:54 pm

thx gail....
Im so confused, and eyes sore for tears....
I have been looking on net, and thinking so much, spoken to mark, he's not in mood for chatting, but i am thinking adoption now
Also thinking about egg share ivf at bourne hall, the site said its free to do a cycle there if u egg share, surely that cant be true,
Does anyone know about that? at Bourne hall....??
IUI using donor in 2005
1st IVF cancelled OHSS 2006
2nd IVF 4 eggs all failed to fertilise 2009
3rd IVF successful 2010 pregnant Miscarried early
FET negative 2011
ADOPTED DAUGHTER 2014

Sponsor

jen babes
Valued Contributor

Post by jen babes » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:40 pm

Nicki hun...hugs to ya sweetie

i am so sorry to hear that you think it's over... it is so much to put yourself through but as Gail and Mark have both dsaid it aint over until big Af arrives...if it helps just now then focus on the next step.
I looked into adoption and know it takes 2 years of questions and weekend workshops to be given the go ahead. As i was older than you i would have been given a 7 year old child. Althouogh that is still young i wanted to connect with a younger child as i really click with the young ones ( 10 months plus) as they are so full of love. So if the worst came to the worst i knew i would adopt an embie before adopting a child. I totally admire thosee who have chosen that route ( especially Souris) but it isn't for me... So with that experience i would go for egg share as you are helping another person or 2 out too. They would use less drugs on you this time and you wouldn't get to OHSS stage...try many clinics as they are so in need of eggs you will go straight to top of the list....I am praying it was too early to test and you still get signs of preg soon

sending you much love tho Nicki please text if you need to talk and i will call you on your phone
love jen
xxxx
[b]2 natural preg,both ectopics.
3 IVF's 2005/6 all BFNs
4th Nov07- BFP! lost @ 5wks 6d
5th FET-Feb08 BFN
In my dreams...May 2010 DE Athens[/b]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;101/st/20081012/n/Puppy+Dara+/dt/6/k/fda0/age.png[/img]

jen babes
Valued Contributor

Post by jen babes » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi to all you pheonixes

kate - just want to say that you are in my thoughts hun...what a difficult time you are going through, i am glad that you are still on hols and not at work. Rest up hun and recover, before taking hte next step... much love and big hugs to ya x x x x

i will catch up with other personals tomorrow as my friends have just left and i am on a mad tidy out. Clearing bed linen washing and hovering. Adm is doing a BBQ for dinner so will eat soon too. I am knacked after lasst 4 exiting days with frinds . we went touring many tourisy scottish places and cycles a few times. broc loved all the attention and exercise. Am feeling a bit rough today as i had a glass of DH's birthdy champers last night..tut tut...girls NEVER drink alcohol and take antibiotics at the same time. You just end up feeling sick all night. Had a long lie today so feel better and the guests have just left so can relax now :roll:

sorry for no personals but will catch you all tomorrow...

love jen
xxxxx
3 IVF's 2005/6 all BFNs
5th FET-Feb08 BFN
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;101/st/20081012/n/Puppy+Dara+/dt/6/k/fda0/age.png[/img]

Lis
Regular

Post by Lis » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:22 pm

Nicki - just a quickie to say I am thinking of you honey. I am so sorry to hear your news altho i too think you should wait and see what happens as you have tested early. You an dh go and hug each other and do whatever makes you feel better.

Like Jen said too, if you fancy chatting on phone rather than texting let me know - we are all hear for you.

Love and hugs xxxxxxx
Me 32 DH 34 - severe male factor
5 failed donor inseminations July- Nov '06
6th DI Jan '07 ...... finally ..... OMG BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;42;53/st/20070923/n/Mia+Alice+/dt/6/k/09f3/age.png[/img]

Kate21
Regular

Post by Kate21 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:47 am

Just a quickie,

Nickie, am thinking of you. Keep the faith, like all the others said its not over until its over. I know what you mean about not doing anymore and not being able to cope emotionally, but what doesn't break us makes us stronger - we will get there!

You know where I am if you want to talk, cry, rant etc.

Will do personals later, am back to work (aghhh!!!) and its manic!

Kate :D
Me 35 DH 44 unexplained infertility
3# IVF all BFN
3# FET all BFN 4# BFP - no heartbeat @7wks - about to start the journey again!!

Julie2039
Regular

Post by Julie2039 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi Girls

Nikki - Have PM'd you xxxx

Kate - How are you hun? I haven't stopped thinking about you and do hope you are coping ok and DH too. You did sound more positive in your last post and hope that is continuing xx

Lisa - How are you doing? Having a lazy day.....Sounds like the nursery is coming along nicely. Don't forget to post the pictures!! Hope youi and DH are ok. It must be really difficult and maybe it would hlp to talk to other mums in a similar position. I think to be honest a lot of men feel out of it during pregnancy. They have no control over it all do they and see us changing and sometimes suffering so a large percentage of his feelings are natural for any man. He will be so enveloped with love when she comes nothing else will matter xx

As for your friends. You seem to think like I do. If you are naturally considerate to others you expect people to be the same and sadly we are all different. I struggle with the way people behave sometimes as expect them to think like I do. Tight arses!!!!!

Jen - Are you and Adam fighting fit? I hope so and hope your weekend was lovely and Adam enjoyed yis birthday. What did you see at the pics in the end? Bet you cant wait for your new bed! We have a king size and if we ever stay anywhere with a double you can tell the difference a mile off!

Gail - Hows you doing? Hope all well and Katie doing great and still enjoying her swimming.

Lucy - Hope you are sunning yourself and tell us all about it when you get back!!

As for me I feel SWELL!!! have put a stone on since BFP but feel huge!! Must be my affection for my new best friends Ben & Jerry!

The week off was good. Didnt actually ventire anywhere but got some much needed jobs done at home so feel better for it.

take care all xxxx
[color=blue]
[b]TTC 05/01
DH TESA 07/05 - BFP!!!
ICSI - Canc 01/07
FET 04/07 - BFP!!!
William Peter Born 23/12/07[/color][/b]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;0;28/st/20071223/n/William+Peter/dt/5/k/3c74/age.png[/img]

judyy

Post by judyy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi

I started reading this thread today and find you girls such a fun and supportive group! Plus I'm in Phoenix, AZ :wink: May I join in on this..

Brief history of self: 3 natural pregancies, no viable so far :( Longest lasted 10 weeks. IUI 3 times, BFN, first time IVF now.

3dt with 2 good 2 poor quality eggs a week ago friday. Tomorrow is my PT. Not very hopeful. I sort of felt 'pregnant' for a couple of days, my boobs were sore for a few days, last night had bad cramp. This morning no longer feel pregnant at all!! I'm awaiting the dreaded bad news tomorrow. But will stay positive regardless of outcome, I hope!!! :D :D

jen babes
Valued Contributor

Post by jen babes » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:58 pm

NICKY this is for you...sorry about your negative

Sending you love and Hugs
jen
xxx
3 IVF's 2005/6 all BFNs
5th FET-Feb08 BFN

jen babes
Valued Contributor

Post by jen babes » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:21 pm

judy from Pheonix to the Pheonixes...Good luck with your test...baby dust x x x

nicki- more hugs to ya hun x x x (((HUGS)))

julie- so good to hear from ya hun...you sound on top of the world x x
No I am not too fit but do enjoy the outdoors...as long as the weather is ok :wink: Skipped the film in Inverness and got a dvd out called the good shepherd' a psychological thiller set in the 50's america...the boys loved it and i enjoyed it but it was heavy going. We were going to see Bourne Ultimatum and i really wanted to check that out but everyone was knacked and wanted to slouch and drink beers/wine. The bed frame arrived friday but the memory mattres aint here until 2wks. can't wait!!!!! I am so excited as I LOVE MY BED!!!! The best time for me is when i have crisp clean covers on( line dried) and get into bed..oh the joy... :oops: you must think have a bed fettish or something. But i just love my bed x x

kate like everyone else i am thinking of you a lot...i know wjat it is like to get a BFP and loose it ( at 7wks and 10wks) Focusing on the fact you did carry is something to hold onto hun, much love to you and DH. x x

Gail- love to you and Katie x x What are you up to?

Lisa- not long now hun...only a month to your due date :shock: :shock: Tell me is the waiting worse than 2ww???? Bet you can't wait to hold your princess in your arms x x

Lucy- 10 more days untl your appointment...hope your enjoying your hols 8) 8) x x

I am doing ok...better now that yesterday...NEVER drink even 1 glass of alcohol with antibiotics x Gladly they finish on wednesday x
Had a busy day and was meant to start a pilates class tonight but have decided to miss it. I am too tired...phoned the trainer and it's ok to go next week. It's a 6 wk course and should be finished by ET. Thought it would take my mind off things and help with the countdown. :? Seems like its been a slow week in counting towrads tmt. I got a email from IM who have given me a rough time line which goes like this....

1. start AF=day 1 of BC pills, take them for 3-5wks.
2. stop BC pills when they tell you ( to be in line with donor)
3. 2 days later start AF = eostrogen patches 200mg wear for 3 days
4. day 7-9 of patches get edometrial scan
5. day 12-22 go for ET....

as i have been on pills for 10 days ET can be any day from 6th oct - end Oct ...seems ages away but will prob come quickly. have been feeling pretty positive that a younger egg donor would help with egg ammounts and also get me frosties ( never had more than 2 eggs or embies from myself) BUt one of the other IM girls Gill has just come home from Im and didn't get any frosties..so between that, Kate and Nickies news I am now feeling sad :cry: Hope PMA comes back soon

love to ya all
jen
xxxx
3 IVF's 2005/6 all BFNs
5th FET-Feb08 BFN

nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Post by nicolamark » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:11 pm

Jen, dont let my bad vibes drag ya down!! xxx PMA for you my girl, you have far to go, ad your'll get a BFP im sure of it honey xxx

Lisa, thx for your support recently you've been great, and yes one day'll we'll meet xx It was great chatting you on msn again.... I enjoy our chats.
xx

Julie, thx for your priv.msg, bless ya for caring about mark 'n' I.... How are you and babe? Good luck with scan, let us know how u get on and hows the situation with ur sisters??

Kate, how are you? Back to school 2moro?? I gather u are, most schools this way are back 2moro..... At least you have that great new role to get your teeth into this term ,and try to out it all behind ya, i hope that u dont suffer too much with the bleed...will it be like AF?? I didnt realise, i would assume your have a D&C.... hugs to you kate..... when r we meeting honey? October half term??

Lucy, well, honey bet your chilling out by now, hope ur having a chilled hol, will look fowd to hearing about that soonxxx

MLG
not heard from you in yonks? Are u ok??

Gail, thanks to you too, you're great, it certainly is great, being here with you guys..... xxx how's katie??

Souris, i know u pop by and view this, so hi to you xxx

Judy! Welcome to our group! And good luck with your BFP.....
PT is that pregnancy test??? wow, 2moro, hope u have good news honey xxx

As for me, we are emotionally wrung out, so wont be doing anymore iui/ivf for the foreseeable future.... I just cant face it, so really want to be a mummy, but right now i am worn out, so we are planning to focus on other dreams first, and then parhaps after time out, will see how we feel...... heck i dont really know? and what ever we both have to agree too.
so thought i'd let u guys knows, im very fagile, and tearful right now, but sinc AF ive felt more peaceful, i guess i know now, and that confusing stage has gone, but im very touchy and so sad...... We think its fate telling us not, and what will be will be.....
So i will tr now to get on with life.......
I'm a pheonix girl, so i'll survive!!!!
Last edited by nicolamark on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IUI using donor in 2005
FET negative 2011
ADOPTED DAUGHTER 2014

nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Post by nicolamark » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:18 pm

PREGNANT PHEONIXES ImageImage[

Lisa – 36wks Image. had 4D scan and it's a GIRL!!! :D
Julie - 21wks Image
Kate - 7wks Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image

JUDY- Testing 4th Sept...... (GOOD LUCK!!)

PHEONIXES WAITING FOR TREATMENT

Judy- 2ww now!
Jen – Egg Donor in SPAIN - starts meds August/October ET
Lucy - fresh ivf Oct/Nov
Nicki- Taking time out from ttc, tmt etc.....
Souris- has left the boards but having an adoption review in Nov.

ImagePHEONIXES GIVEN BIRTH Image

MLG - c/s baby girl - Margarida - Born 6th Dec 06
GAIL - c/s baby girl - Katie Hope - Born 29th March 07

SEPTEMBER Image

3rd- Lucy hols in Turkey
4th- judy- testing for BFP
5th - JULIE....22wk scan
10th- broc 1 year old :D :D
11th- Lucy ivf consultant review
22nd - Julie hols in sunny Wales
22nd - NICKI- Hols in sunny scotland
25th - Lisa'a dh's birthday!
?? - Jen- expected start eostrogen patches 2nd stage in tmt ????x x

OCTOBER Image

2nd-- Lisa's baby girl DUE!!!!
2nd -- Nicki's birthday
20th - - Lisa's birthday
???-jen's ET (16th at a guess)
31st – HALLOWEEN!!!

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER Image
6 - Baby MARGARIDA (MLG's daughter) is 1 YEAR OLD today
8 - NICKI-weekend in Newcastle
14 - JULIE - Finishes work!!!!!
24 - Xmas Eve
25 - Santa Claus has been - Its Christmas!!
26 – Boxing day

JANUARY Image

Happy new year!!

10 - Julies baby due....Girl or Boy we will know NOW!!!! so exciting!!
FEBRUARY Image

MARCH Image

14th JULIE n JUSTIN - 12th Wedd Anniv.
24th MARK 'n' NICKI - 7th Wedding Anniv.

APRIL Image
Easter--- lots of choccie eggs!!
IUI using donor in 2005
FET negative 2011
ADOPTED DAUGHTER 2014

judyy

Post by judyy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:13 pm

Thank you girls for the well wishes for tomorrow! BTW, where do you get the cute animations?

Nicole, I know how you must feel now, it is such an emotional roller coaster. I've been there a few times, failed IUIs, miscarriages. You think it gets easier every time, but it really doesn't. But I hope you will feel better after taking your mind off this whole fertility treatment stuff for a while. Take a vacation or something maybe?

Many hugs.

Judy

nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Post by nicolamark » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:56 am

thx judy....
Yes, we hav a holiday booked in sept (3 wks) yes, will be taking time out this year, no more tmt for the foreseeable future.........
Im hurting badly, but heck just gotta get on with it havent i??
Best of luck with the test..... will pop by laters to see how u get on xxx

PS the icons come from various site, hundred on them if you search the internet, bu mostly the cheeseburger site and glitter graphics.....
Do u have myspace? you can lots of stuff like that from there, and otherprofiles etc.....

Hugs to my old buddies too.... off to bed now, its 9am, iv been awake since 2am couldnt sleep...... just as well im off work 2day huh??

Kate
enjoy your 1st day back at school. xxx
IUI using donor in 2005
FET negative 2011
ADOPTED DAUGHTER 2014

Julie2039
Regular

Post by Julie2039 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Kate - How was your first day back? Hope you are feeling better x When we lost our twin at 6 wk 4 days it was "naturally absorbed" - could this be a possibility for you? It took around 3 weeks so AF might not come for a while yet. Hope you are doing ok anyway xx

Nikki - Got your message. I am so sorry for ya hun but you are right to take the time out. The answers and direction to take will come to you both in time. Take care. As for me - younger sis is fine but older sis a pain in the arse! I am not letting it bother me. My day to make her feel shitty will come!!!!! I am feeling fine - let you know about scan tomorrow xxx

Jen -
PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you, PMA to you!!! October will be here before you know it - time really is flying by. Good they sent the info through - gives you somethin to focus on. remember the statistics for success rates they gave you!!!! xx I am in your camp - I LOVE MY BED TOO!!!!!!!! Far too much sometimes actually! Bet you can't wait for your new mattress.

Judy -
WELCOME!!! You are right about us - the girls on here are ace for love and support. How did the PT go????

Lis - 4 weeks!! Can't believe it.....Hope you are being good and looking after you both and doing as little as possible!!!!
[color=blue]
[b]TTC 05/01
DH TESA 07/05 - BFP!!!
ICSI - Canc 01/07
FET 04/07 - BFP!!!
William Peter Born 23/12/07[/color][/b]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;0;28/st/20071223/n/William+Peter/dt/5/k/3c74/age.png[/img]

Kate21
Regular

Post by Kate21 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:00 pm

Hey Girls,

Judy - welcome and good luck ith the test - sending you baby dust!

Jen - you need to stay positive, just because Nickie and I didn't get the outcome we wanted doesn't mean you won't. I am sending you some pma. That time should fly by and before you know it you'll be on the 2ww!

Julie - glad to hear one of your sisters is treating you better, but like you said its not worth getting stressed about.Thanks for the kind words, as for AF the consultant said it should arrive between 7 -10 days, but if it doesn't then I will have to have a D & C - really hoping that isn't the case. That would just top things off nicely!!!

Lisa - how's you? Looking forward to meeting the little princess no doubt?

Nickie - sending you hugs. Good idea about taking time out, helps to make things clearer and the hurt disappears a lttle as well. Totally understand how you feel but we will get there.

Gail - hope you are ok?

Lucy - bet you are looking forward to your hols?

As for me, it was back to work (and the chaos!!) yesterday! Now feel like I haven't had 6 weeks off and it will be even worse tomorrow when the kids are back in. It didn't help to come back to find one of the staff is expecting twins!! Found that quite hard to deal with and had a few tears when I got home, but like DH said our time will come! Am still waiting for AF to rear her ugly head, really don't want to go through the operation to remove it.

We do have something to look forward to though, we are going to Dubai for half term (so Nickie won't be able to meet up then!).My brother has just moved out there so it won't be majorly expensive as there will be no accomodation costs. Think it is exactly what we need, re-charge emotionally and physically ready to start tmt again in the new year.

Anyway, back to work - catch you later

Kate
Me 35 DH 44 unexplained infertility
3# IVF all BFN
3# FET all BFN 4# BFP - no heartbeat @7wks - about to start the journey again!!