IVF-Infertility.com home

I'm a New Member-Please help!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

I'm a New Member-Please help!

Postby karma_k » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi. I've been reading posts here and I think it's going to be a great resource as I begin IVF process in March. Currently, I'm recuperating from a myomectomy (Dr. removed 6 fibroids) and he says we should be starting meds after I heal some (March).

Is anyone from the San Francisco Bay Area who might be willing to give referral for IVF preparation/orientations. I have been reading a lot, but it would be great to attend a support group or orientation locally.
I hear Stanford has an orientation, but are there others [in the East Bay]?

Also, I've noticed you use a lot of acronymns; is there a previous post where I can find out what most of them mean? Does DH mean "donor husband"? :?
karma_k

Postby Charity » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:05 am

Karma...There will likely be thread that will start soon for the March ladies cycling together. You are more than welcome to start one yourself. Usually the IVF, FET, & ICSI gals get together on the General Forum and start a "Cycle Buddy" thread...There's one out there now for February ladies, and many will be carrying into March, so you're welcome to join us there, too...As far as the abbreviations, DH means either Dear Husband, Dearest Husband or Darling Husband...Or Dumb Husband if he's being a butt head at that moment... :lol: Kidding...If you just ask, though, everyone is more than happy to help you out. There is a thread on the general forum that when you go to page 3 there is a long post of all the abbreviations...Here's the link to the page...Hope it helps... Take care dear, and I'm sure I'll be seeing you around... :)

http://www.ivf-infertility.com/phpBB2/v ... c&start=30
Charity
Me 37, DH 34
1st ICSI Oct-06 - No Fert
1st IUI w/Inj Jun-07 - BFPX2/MC
2nd IUI w/ Inj Mar-08 - BFN
3rd IUI w/Inj May-08 - Chem
4th IUI w/Inj Jul-08 - BFN
Dx Homo C677T MTHFR Mutation - Aug-08
New Hope W/New Dx & New RE For Feb-08 IUI
Charity
Regular

Good Luck, Charity

Postby karma_k » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:24 pm

Thanks for the info. and the link. My friend is at the same stage as you, about to start her 2nd cycle. I will encourage her to join a thread w/ you, as she's the one who referred me to this site.
I'm originally from Wisconsin (Milwaukee/Glendale). Go Marquette!
Thanks again :D
karma_k

Postby Charity » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:56 am

Karma...You're very welcome...Look forward to seeing both you and your friend. I live in Janesville, so not far from your stomping ground...You take care, again, and here's wishing BFPs for all!!
Charity
Me 37, DH 34
1st ICSI Oct-06 - No Fert
1st IUI w/Inj Jun-07 - BFPX2/MC
2nd IUI w/ Inj Mar-08 - BFN
3rd IUI w/Inj May-08 - Chem
4th IUI w/Inj Jul-08 - BFN
Dx Homo C677T MTHFR Mutation - Aug-08
New Hope W/New Dx & New RE For Feb-08 IUI
Charity
Regular

Return to Introductions