IVF-Infertility.com home

1st IVF was BFN-worried

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

1st IVF was BFN-worried

Postby DrJen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 pm

I'm new to the forum. I just got my beta results yesterday and it was BFN. My RE says that everything went as planned (good eggs, good fertilization, blastocysts transferred of good/great quality, etc.) and there is no reason the embryos should not have implanted. I am back at work today, but very depressed. My DH thinks it was due to stress. I will be trying another cycle and plan to do acupuncture to help me relax. Has anyone has a BFN with IVF#1 and a BFP with IVF#2? Did you do anything differently? I need some encouraging words.
Me-33
DH-38-MF-low motility, low count
4 IUI's-BFN
IVF#1-BFN
Starting IVF#2 March/April '08
DrJen

Postby Miracle08 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:37 am

Dr. Jen-

Sorry to hear about your bfn. That really stinks. You've came to the right place for info and support! This site has really helped me when I was in my lows!! If you go the the General topic, there is a thread called awaiting treatment. There is an awesome group of supportive ladies there!! Some are going through IVF and some are doing IUI. One of the girls just had her 2nd IVF and she is preggo!!!!!! So yes, you can definately get your BFP on your 2nd try!! Hope to see you on the thread!!! Keep me updated on your progress!! :D
Miracle08
Regular

Hi

Postby gori » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:00 pm

Yes, it takes time but most of the time, it works. With all succesful stories you will see on this board, there were many times negatives initially but finally ended successfully. Good Luck to you!
TTC 4+ yrs; male factor
7 IUIs BFN
3 IVFs - 2 unsuccessful; 1 m/c at 12 weeks
1st ICSI BFP!! Single Embryo Transfer
Beta 14dp3dt 1,250; Beta 21dp3dt 13,500
First u/s on Jan 8 - one cute heartbeat :)
IT'S A GIRL!!!
gori
Regular

Thanks for the support

Postby DrJen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:42 pm

Thank you both for your supportive words. Knowing there is hope is what keeps me going. We will try IVF #2 in April as soon as AF is fully here I can start the count down. Thanks again!
Me-33
DH-38-MF
4IUI's-BFN
IVF#1-BFN Feb'08
IVF#2 April/May '08 BFP!
DrJen

Return to Introductions