IVF-Infertility.com home

Anyone beginning in August?

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Anyone beginning in August?

Postby hopeful29 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:40 am

Hello everyone,
I am 28, my dh is 27 and we will begin our first cycle at the end of August. We had been trying for what seemed like forever with no luck. So we went to our fertility clinic and found out that it would not be possible for us to conceive on our own. Now will be going through ICSI for the first time. We want a family of our own more than anything. I'm excited to begin, but so nervous about everything. I find myself very stressed out just thinking about all of it. So, it would be great to get in touch with others who are going through the same thing or starting a cycle around the same time. Good luck to all of you on this journey.
Hopeful29 :wink:
hopeful29

Sponsor

Postby wishfull27 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:00 am

Hi Hopeful - if you go to the IVF forum - on there there is a thread for people having treatment in August/September .. they will be going through same things as you in similar time frame and the support you will recieve is immense :D

Good luck with your cycle x
IVF 4 BFP
wishfull27
Valued Contributor

Postby valerie68 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Hello Hopeful29!

I'm on the Aug/Sept thread and as Wishfull said, we'd be so happy to have you on board and help you with your first cycle. We already have quite a few ladies doing different types of stimulation and you can learn a lot that way. You can ask questions, write about everything that you feel or things that you are doing. We will be right by your side the whole time. :D

Hope to see you there!

Valerie[/b]
40 years young
1 ovary shy of a pair
IVF #1 May 08- chemical
Ivf #2
ER: 08/24 ET: 08/29 3 blasts :-)
BETA (10dp5dt)~ 275 Beta#2(12dp5dt)~ 720
MC @ 10 weeks.
valerie68
Regular

Postby JJJAKE » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:56 am

HELLO, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD SEE IF I COULD GET SOME ADVICE ON MY IVF JOURNEY. I AM 32 Y/O WITH 2 KIDS AGES 10 AND 11. I HAD MY TUBES TIED SHORTLY AFTER MY SECOND CHILD AND NOW MY HUSBAND AND I ARE STARTING IVF. I BEGAN TAKING INJECTIONS ON THE 25TH OF JULY AND IT IS ESTIMATED MY RETRIEVAL WILL BE THE FIRST WEEK IN AUG. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG I WILL BE ON THE INJECTIONS BEFORE RETRIEVAL. I HAVE RESPONDED WELL TO ALL OF MY PRE-TESTING AND NOW I AM EXCITED ABOUT MY RETRIEVAL DAY :) ALSO ANY ADVICE ABOUT THE INJECTIONS? SORRY GUYS I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THE ABB. :?
JJJAKE

Postby emfossum » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:52 am

Like Valerie and wishful mentioned above, go onto the ivf forum and there are a few threads around your same time. I am schedule for retrieval on 8/6.

I will look for you on one of the threads over there.

Welcome!!!
emfossum
Regular

First IVF

Postby soready73 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:55 am

Hi All!
I just turned 35 and this will be my first IVF. I don't seem to have a problem getting pregnant since I've been pregnant twice in the last couple of years, but one was ectopic and the other was a MC after 9 weeks. It only took me 3 months to get pregnant the first time and 7 months the second, but now it has been over a year. I had test done and so did my husband and we are both completely healthy, no problems at all, but I found out that my right tube is blocked. So, this is how we decided to do IVF.

I am currently on the BCP and on Aug. 25th I go in for BW and an ultra sound and then I should begin my stims also next week. My RE said we will most likely do the retrieval somewhere between 9/9 - 9/11.

Sorry for the full sentences and such. I'm not used to this sort of thing so I am not completely familiar with all the abbrev. Maybe one of you can give me a brief summary of what the most popular ones are?

Anyone on my schedule or close???

Elena
soready73

Return to Introductions