IVF-Infertility.com home

New to iVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New to iVF

Postby monkey1 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:22 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you my story so far….

I have been TTC for nearly 5 years now. I came of the pill to get pregnant and my periods never came back. Was diagnosed with PCOS and referred to a private hospital where i was put on chlomid, after 4 attempts and no pregnancy I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. I was then referred to Queen Marys Hospital for IUI. After 2 attempts at IUI I was told I wouldn’t get pregnant because my womb lining was too thin and should go onto IVF and was put on a wait list. While I was waiting my sister told me about Dr Paul Serhal at University College Hospital, I went to see him with my husband and we decided to try treatment with him while we waited for IVF on NHS. After 3 attempts at IUI I finally got pregnant on the 4th. Unfortunately I miscarried at 9weeks. We decided to do IUI again and even though my womblining was thin and the follicles didn’t look great, I was pregnant again only to miscarry at 7 weeks. We went to do IUI again but mid-way through the consultant said I had too many follicles and womb lining was too thin 4mm so to we had to stop and decided that now we should try IVF.

So the good news is Queen Marys, Roehampton have got me booked into to start IVF from September. I have had all the blood tests at University College hospital so I am hoping everything will move quite quickly.

So my questions are - I produce lots of follicles which is good for IVF but I am still concerned about my womb lining. Is there anything I can take to help pre-ivf. When I have been pregnant I would inject progesterone which helped thicken it.

Thanks for reading my long post! xx
iui x 7
2 x pregnancy both miscarried
PCOS
about to do ivf
monkey1

Postby loopie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:50 pm

hi and welcome monkey-

I'm not sure about lining, but from some posts Ive read (check out "GHOST" ) it seems as though you could do an IVF cycle- get through egg retrieval, and then do an "FET" (frozen embryo transfer) that way, they can better control the lining and estro levels- ask at your clinic
in any case- i wish you all the best

loopie
Me 41 Dh 41
1st IVF BFP!!! Jan 2008

loopie
Regular

Postby monkey1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:34 am

thanks so much, I will speak to my consultant and congrats on your pregnancy!!!

XXX
iui x 7
2 x pregnancy both miscarried
PCOS
about to do ivf
monkey1

Postby NY4thtry » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:25 pm

Acupuncture is supposed to be great for lining
Me 43 dh 65
6 cycles 3 chemicals
13+ banking cycles. 2 failed transfers to Surro
12/9 transfer 2 hatching blasts to surro beta 12/ 15