IVF-Infertility.com home

Hi to all!!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hi to all!!

Postby SilverAngel679 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi every one, my name is Liz and I just wanted to say hi and I'm glad to be here. A little backround on me:

my husband and I are from NY, we're in our late 20's, we've been TTC since we got married in '05 and found out really early that something was wrong.
After some testing we found out that Tom had a very low sperm count and an underactive thyroid. We thought that was the problem and spent months getting it under control just to find out that it did nothing to help his sperm count.
While we tried to find out what the real problem was we underwent our first cycle of IVF in an egg freezing study so we wouldn't have to pay for it and wound up with only one embryo after the rest died in the freezing process. That turned out to be a BFN.
So while trying to find out if the problem with Tom was a vericocele or twisted tubes we under went our second round of IVF. BFP!!!
We we're so excited, but then after the first beta only went up by 2 points we were brought back down to Earth really quick. The betas continued to climb really slow and the u/s's didn't see a sack until like 7 weeks. We held our breaths and prayed that everything would be fine but we heard a million things from blighted ovum, to definate miscarriage and at one point gave up on our baby.
But then, all of a sudden at one of the u/s's there was a heart beat!!! And the doc's all said that our certain miscarriage went down to about a 10% possibility.
We sarted making plans and shopping and breathing again. Waiting for our baby as we watched it grow on the u/s.
Then the morning of out 2nd wedding anniversay, I was 14w5d at the time, I woke up to something very wrong. A trip to the emergancy room showed that the baby had no heartbeat and I was digagnosed with a missed abortion. The DNC was the next day.
My husband and I we devestated and decided we needed a break in baby making and just concentrated on finding the problem so we wouldn't have to go through IVF anymore.
A testicular biopsy ended that hope when we it found that my husband had Non-Obstructive Azospermia. A defect men have while developing in the womb. No treatment. No cure. No natural babies for us ever.
After letting all that sink in we saved our money and did our 3rd round of IVF in july of this year.
They got 15 eggs from me, 14 were mature and they managed to fertilize 13 for us.
We had 3 blasts transfered on day 5 (2 AA's and 1 AB). BFP!! Our betas are doing well so far and we have our first U/S scheduled for this monday (the 18th) We're petrified and gaurding ourselves even though things seem to be going well, but i suppose that's just natural.
Well, thank you all for letting me write this book and taking the time to read it. I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing this journey.
Me: Liz, 29 (Healthy)DH: Tom, 28 (Male factor)
IVF#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP (m/c @ 14weeks)
IVF#3: BFP Twin Boys, born 3/23/09
SilverAngel679
Regular

Postby riogirl71 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Silver Angel - wow, you guys have been through so much! We also have male fertility issues because my DH went through Chemo in 99 before we met. It killed his numbers/motility and there is nothing we can ever do about it. I also don't have any female fertility issues at this point. I also know how frustrating it can be for our DHs to watch us go through all of this. They are wonderful men. I really pray for your little miracle and I am so sorry you went through a m/c, I can't even imagine the pain. I wish you the best of luck and that your bean is healthy and you come over to the pregnant after treatment side of things!
riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Postby SilverAngel679 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 pm

hey riogirl. Thanks so much for your kind words and I wish you the best too. Have you undergone anything yet?
Me: Liz, 29 (Healthy)DH: Tom, 28 (Male factor)
IVF#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP (m/c @ 14weeks)
IVF#3: BFP Twin Boys, born 3/23/09
SilverAngel679
Regular

Postby riogirl71 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:56 pm

We went through one round of IVF/ICSI and were able to get 10 follies, 7 eggs and 4 mature for ICSI, we transfered (3 day) 10-8-8-5 cell embies with no fragmentation, we were very blessed with one healthy bean boy and we are 32 weeks pregnant, I got diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28 weeks. We also had a scare with the genetic testing and that was very stressful until at 21 weeks they told us our chances of having a baby with trisomy 21/18/13 were now very low. I count my blessings every day even though this has not been an "easy" pregnancy.

I will be crossing my fingers that all is well for you on Monday and that you have a healthy baby (or two) on the way!!!!

Baby dust!
me 39 + DH 46 low mot - chemo
#3 IVF Lost one twin at 8 wks
#2 IVF May 2010 Ectopic
#1 IVF
riogirl71
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions