IVF-Infertility.com home

BEGINNING IVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

BEGINNING IVF

Postby LILOLIL » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:59 pm

I HAVE BEEN ON CLOMID AND METFORMIN FOR 9 MONTHS BUT ALTHOUGH IT SOMETIMES MAKES ME O I NEVER GOT PREGNANT. I AM NOW GOING TO BE STARTING IVF THIS MONTH AND HOPE SO MUCH THAT IT WORKS.
LILOLIL

Postby angelaezra » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:16 pm

Hello LILOLIL,

Welcome to the message board. I just completed my ET this morning and I am nervous but extremely excited…! Now we are on the waiting game of two weeks to see if we will have a BFP. If you need anything, please ask. IVF seems to be a difficult road and time consuming but I know in my heart it will all be worth it in the end :D!!!!
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

IVF

Postby LILOLIL » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi

Thanks for your post. Its good to see other people are experiencing the same as me!

We have just been shown re how to inject yourself and I am so worried re preparing the needle correctly and messing things up, any advice?
LILOLIL

Postby angelaezra » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:36 pm

Hello,

It is normal to be nervous about giving the shots. I am a registered nurse and have been giving shots for years but I too was nervous because I want this so bad.

My advice is to listen to your review of how to administer your meds and remember your IVF nurse will always be there if you have any questions. The main thing is to remember to keep everything clean. For example, remember not to touch the needle on any surface prior to your injections; clean the site with the alcohol swab, etc. All you need to remember is to make sure you pull up the dose of medication that is recommended from your doc. One last thing I would like to share is after awhile your stomach will become very sore from multiple shots and applying ice to the site for a few minutes will help to relieve the pain of the injections.

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions