IVF-Infertility.com home

First time IVF-er

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

First time IVF-er

Postby amanda717 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:59 am

Hi everyone. My name is Amanda and I have been TTC for over 4 years. We have tried many rounds of Clomid and IUI with no success. I started on Lupron on Oct. 16th and am currently awaiting AF to start the next series of stim shots. I don't really know what to expect and I'm really nervous. It looks like the egg retrieval should be sometime around the 1st to 2nd week of November. I wanted to find a site like this to communicate with other people who are going through this; it's a very stressful and emotional time that noone else can understand unless they're living it or have lived it. I won't be able to get on the site everyday, but hope to get to know what some others are going through and share and vent with some of you! Does anybody have any advice on things to avoid while preparing for the IVF or things that you should try to do? Thanks for any advice!!!
amanda717

Postby BarbD » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:04 am

Welcome,

Everyone is different when it comes to avoiding things, I tried not to have caffeine and ate healthy stuff but other than that things were pretty normal. I also did the lupron and then the menopur shot. I just had my ER on Oct 13 and we are waiting till Dec. for the transfer. This site is nice because like you said not everybody know what you are going through.
I will be sending you some good wishes with everything and let me know how things are coming along.

Barb :)
BarbD
Regular

Postby amanda717 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:06 am

BarbD wrote:Welcome,

Everyone is different when it comes to avoiding things, I tried not to have caffeine and ate healthy stuff but other than that things were pretty normal. I also did the lupron and then the menopur shot. I just had my ER on Oct 13 and we are waiting till Dec. for the transfer. This site is nice because like you said not everybody know what you are going through.
I will be sending you some good wishes with everything and let me know how things are coming along.

Barb :)

Thank you so much and good vibes to you also!!!
amanda717

Postby valerie68 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Hello Amanda!

Welcome to this wonderful forum. You will find out how great it is to have to support of the wonderful ladies that are here. I would suggest that you join one of the groups that are going through their cycle right now. You can find them under the 'Infertility' section and the Oct/Nov/Dec thread is really great. Some of the ladies I know are there and will be able to support and help you a great deal.
I also banished caffeine, chocolate, sweets. I drank a lot of soups, did acupuncture, ate very healthy and kept a strong PMA throughout the whole cycle. The best thing to do is to let go of things and try not to worry about every little detail. It's very hard to do and we all worry.... but in the end, it will not change the outcome, so try and stay relaxed.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get pregnant on your first try.
Sending tons of baby dust your way!

Valerie
40 years young
1 ovary shy of a pair
IVF #1 May 08- chemical
Ivf #2
ER: 08/24 ET: 08/29 3 blasts :-)
BETA (10dp5dt)~ 275 Beta#2(12dp5dt)~ 720
MC @ 10 weeks.
valerie68
Regular

Return to Introductions