IVF-Infertility.com home

First IVF with ICSI

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

First IVF with ICSI

Postby SylviaZ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Hello Ladies! My DH and I have been ttc for nearly 2 years now. We found out about 5 months ago that my DH has a very low sperm count and not to mention the morphology of the sperm (cant penetrate). Everything with me seems to be coming out great...fingers crossed. Im SO scared about the whole process and im like my own worst enemy...i think of all the worst things that could happen. We descided to start the process after the beginning of the year. My RE informed me that ill have to go on BCP for about three weeks and gave me a list of all my other meds id be on following. I would like to know what are the success rates for people my age(25 and DH 26)? How many cycles do most patients have to go through? :?
SylviaZ

Sponsor

Postby loopie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:17 am

Dear Sylvia- DH and I are 15 years your senior, but with same prognosis- and with 1st round of IVF w ICSI, I am now holding our 6 day old baby in my arms!!!!!!
No one can say if it will work the 1st time, but as your Dh's sperm is the diagnosed problem, you should have a great chance of success!

Trust your doctors, do research (but don't overdo it- there's a lot of scary info out there :wink: ), communicate with DH- he may be feeling pretty crap right now as well
Most importantly, infertility is a couples problem, and knowing that it's a sperm morphology issue means, in theory, that if all is great with you (as you do most of the pregnancy work :wink: ) the REs have a great chance of helping you reach your goal!

Best of luck- keep up the PMA and if you like, join a cycling buddies list on the board- it really helped me to be able to share the joys, fears, and more with women who really get what you're going through!
cheers!
loopie
Me 41 Dh 41
1st IVF BFP!!! Jan 2008

loopie
Regular

Postby SylviaZ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:21 pm

Thank you so much Loopie. It was great for you to reply. It means so much to me knowing that there is really someone out there that has the same hurdles as we do. I also try talking to my husband and he doesnt seem to want to come out and tell me his feelings and thoughts. I try not to push to much, but deep down inside i would love to know. What kind of meds did your ER have you on?
Im really excited about the whole process but there is a big part of me thats thinking about the what ifs. Will my body reject it, what if the embies dont implant, miscarriages, etc.
Well thanks again, i needed that reply. Hope all is well and a congratulations on your miracle. :)
SylviaZ

Postby SilverAngel679 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Hey sylvia: You and I are very close to the same age and have simular problems. My husband also has a low count and I seem to be just fine. We even tried for almost the same amount of time. My journey is in my signature, please check it out and PM me if you have any other questions I can help out with. Good luck and I'll be following your progress!!!
Me: Liz, 29 (Healthy)DH: Tom, 28 (Male factor)
IVF#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP (m/c @ 14weeks)
IVF#3: BFP Twin Boys, born 3/23/09
SilverAngel679
Regular

Postby carisa » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:13 am

Hi there, considering your age and the use of ICSI, your chances seem excellent! Don't be nervous about all of the medications involved with IVF, it is so worth it and NOT as bad as it sounds. Giving yourself the shots is actually fairly easy once you get your first one over with. Good luck!!

Carisa
CARISA
me-30 hubby-30
ttc-5 1/2 yrs
IVF/ICSI#2 using a gestational carrier-BFP!
1st beta 9dp5dt-177, 11dp5dt-439-TWINS!

carisa

First IVF with ICSi

Postby SylviaZ » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi Carisa! Thanks so much for you reply. Every little bit counts at this stage. Since ive joined this message board, every day seems to be getting better and better each day. My nerves seemed to ease off alittle bit. Id also like to congratulate you on your 2 miracles.
SylviaZ

Postby shantala » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:57 pm

hi

we're pretty close in age so i thought i would comment. although your chances are quite good given the problem and your age, it took 4 excellent quality embryos before we got our miracle. so i just want to warn you - everyone kept telling me "oh it will work first time for you" so i'd psyched myself up that it would work first time and when it didnt it hit me like a train. luckily enough it did work for us second time round.

hope you dont think i'm being pessimistic but just wanted to warn you - the chances might well be that it will work first time for you but dont be too disappointed if it doesnt. with the first ivf (and probably with the second) the clinic is getting to know your body and how your body reacts so it's very much trial and error. and luck. so try and go with the flow and come on here as much as you want asking as many (or little) questions as you need. without this site i wouldnt have been able to do it all!!!

you're also more than welcome to pm me if you have any questions!

best of luck and lots of sticky baby dust!!

xxx
2nd IVF/ICSI - baby girl Elliana born 21.4.08 weighing 7lb 6.5ounces; 7 frosties left...
Image to all!
shantala
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions