IVF-Infertility.com home

Very Hopeful!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Very Hopeful!

Postby nviola67 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:54 am

Hello Everyone:

My name is Nicole and tonight my husband and I started our second round of IVF meds. To give you some background info, our first round was cancelled because unfortunately only two follicles grew to 18mm. My doctor did not want to proceed with only two as they like to have at least 4 (and we didn't want to waste the money). We were very disappointed :cry: . We opted to do IUI instead, but despite having really good sperm and two huge eggs, it was unsuccesful.

This whole thing is consuming us because like all of you, we want children so bad. We are both 40, so on top of everything I have a ticking time bomb in my head! Everything else about me is perfect. My doc said I have great tubes, a perfect uterus, etc... It's my age that is working against me. This is probably why I am not producing many eggs. Anyway, I had a sonogram today (b4 meds) and I have 5 developing!! :D

Any support from anyone would be great. I wish you all the best of luck!

Married for first time May of 2008
TTC 6 months
1 cancelled IVF
1 failed IUI
Started stims today 11/9/08
[/b]
nviola67

Hi!

Postby natashamom » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:47 am

Hi,

Well,I did IUI at the age of 40 as well but no success so now going for IVF in January,I wish you luck.

Natasha.
natashamom
Regular

Postby tigersuz22 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi Nicole,
I just finished my first round of IVF and am now in the two week wait. I hope this goes well for you!!! And congratulations on 5 follicles - that's wonderful news!
Best of luck,
Suzanne
tigersuz22

Return to Introductions