IVF-Infertility.com home

New to site and IVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New to site and IVF

Postby Hopeful one » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I am due to start IVF next month and was referred because I had one tube removed due to an ectopic pregnancy and the other tube is blocked.I didn't think that I was going to be accepted as my FSH level was above the accepted 10 but I took wheatgrass and it lowered to just under 10.I am very nervous about the injections and I don't really know what to expect or how I will feel.

I am sure all your personal experiences and advice will be very helpful to me,thank you all.
Hopeful one

Postby angelaezra » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:11 pm

Hello Hopefull One,

I wanted to welcome you to this site. I also lost a tube after an ectopic pregnancy. I have been very happy with this site as it has provided me with so much support. The IVF process was very time consuming but very interesting and exciting all at the same time.

The injections were not too bad and your treatment schedule might be different than mine. But, I started out with BCP to regulate my cycle, next I started Lupron injections to make sure my ovaries didn't ovulate before we were ready (sometimes it can cause headaches and some dizziness but this only lasts for a few days). Next, I started Follistim injections, which overlapped with the Lupron for a few days and the Follistim is to stimulate your ovaries to produce several follicles that will be used during egg retrieval. Two to three days prior to retrieval you probably will do a single progesterone injection to help mature your growing follicles. After egg retrieval, you will either have a 3 or 5 day transfer back to your uterus and ususally your RE will start you on Progesterone replacements. Your RE will either have you do HPT or have a blood beta taken at 9 days post transfer or 11 days post transfer. This really depends on your RE preference.

The overall process was exciting and I am happy to say I received a BFP on my first cycle. It may seem a little overwhelming now, but it will all fall into place soon.

Oh one thing, it maybe easier when you give the injections to use ice prior to injecting yourself because it really helps with the soreness.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Good luck,

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions