IVF-Infertility.com home

I'm new to the site, looking for information

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

I'm new to the site, looking for information

Postby amy77 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi, I'm Amy and I'm new to this site. I'm hoping to find some information about IVF. I'm considering the procedure, but I want some information before I jump in.
amy77

Sponsor

Postby NY4thtry » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:02 pm

i think you need to be more specific on what your issues are and what you are looking for so that people will know how to help you..

Also if you go to www.haveababy.com there is lots of information
Me 43 dh 65
6 cycles 3 chemicals
13+ banking cycles. 2 failed transfers to Surro
12/9 transfer 2 hatching blasts to surro beta 12/ 15
NY4thtry
Regular

Postby amy77 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Sorry, I guess no one can read my mind. :) I'm looking for info on IVF. I am thinking about getting it done, but I'm a little worried. I wanted to find some people who have gone through the procedure. I guess I'm looking for some success stories. :)
amy77

Postby Miracle08 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi Amy77!!!

You have come to the right place honey!! Cove over to the awaiting treatment board (under general forum)!!! There are lots of success stories!! The ladies are just FAB!!! Very supportive.

Come on...what are you waiting for??? Go check us out!! :lol: :lol:
Miracle08
Regular

Postby Miracle08 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Amy77!!!

You have come to the right place honey!! Cove over to the awaiting treatment board (under general forum)!!! There are lots of success stories!! The ladies are just FAB!!! Very supportive.

Come on...what are you waiting for??? Go check us out!! :lol: :lol:
Miracle08
Regular

Postby AmandaM » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 am

Hi Amy

Welcome to the board. I will be glad to give you any advice or answer any questions you have about the procedure. Have you been to the doctor yet to find out what the fertility issue is? The issue you or you DH has will affect what treatment you have.

Amanda
IVF # 1 Chem preg Beta #1 49 Beta # 2 33
IVF # 2 Chem preg Beta #1 9 Beta #2 22 Beta #3 168
IVF # 3 BFP!! 1st beta - 565 2nd 995 3rd 9,269 It's TWINS!!!!

AmandaM
Regular

Postby not hopeless yet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 am

Welcome aboard Amy!
And just a quick note- I am such a huge baby when it comes to all things medical. I even passed out while having blood taken at the fertility clinic when this all started over 3 yrs ago (and don't worry... the only reason its taken me 3 yrs is because i did baby steps... no pun intended)
So basically my story is that we finally decided to try IVF after a half dozen IUIs. And guess what? It's not that bad. If your DH can get over giving you shots I have to admit that ER wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I was definitely crampy and bled a little the day of the procedure. They want you on bedrest for that day and possibly the next. And the ET was a breeze.
Good luck!
me 31, DH 34
married 7.5 yrs, TTC 4.5 yrs
1st IVF 12/25/08 BFN
2nd IVF 5/19/09 BFN
3rd IVF BFP - It's TWINS due 12/22!
not hopeless yet
Regular

Postby BIGREDIOWAN » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Hey Amy,

You came to the right place, if you're looking for a success story there are plenty of them. My wife is pregnant with twins after doing a second round of IVF. The process is long, but I encourage you to exhaust all of your options while going through the process. We did everything we could medically, spirtually, and advice wise we could before we finally got to IVF. We did the IVF process knowing that it was going to be a little pricey, but call your insurance company and check because alot of insurance companies will pay for one round of the IVF process itself, minus the meds, but they will try to hide it. We found this out from my wife's insurance company, it's all in how they code it evidentally. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post a thread on it or you can instant message me and I'll discuss it with you. Good luck................ :D
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice.
BIGREDIOWAN

Return to Introductions