IVF-Infertility.com home

Just about to start IVF Meds

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Just about to start IVF Meds

Postby Mari3 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi there everyone! I hope you can help me. I am 43 years old. I have two boys ages 22 and 16. I did not have much luck with being married so I had my tubes tied when I was 32. I now am with my soul mate. He is 10 years my junior and does not have children. He would love to have a child. I have decided to try IVF because not too many doctors would reverse my tubes being 43 years old. I am about to start my injections in a couple of days and am very nervous. I want this to work so bad for him but the way in which it is happening is frightening to say the least. I am also reading a lot about women participating in IVF over 40 and this has really brought to light how old I really am!!! LOL! I would love some words of encouragement and I am hoping that I came to the right place. Good luck to all of you as well!!!!
Mari3

Postby hjw » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi Mari3, hope things are going well for you. I just wanted to say that on the IVF boards there is a March/April thread with lots of wonderful ladies who are cycling around now or shortly. Lots of us are first timers and getting tons of information from the people who have been through it before. Feel free to wander over there to say hello if you fancy it...
Me 35, DH 41
TTC 4+ years
4 IUI's, BFN
#1 IVF, 04/2009, BFN
#2 FET, 07/2009, no transfer, frosties failed to thaw
#3 IVF, 12/2009, +ve HPT New Years Day!

GEORGE THOMAS ALEXANDER born 18th September 2010, 9lbs 4.5oz. Our beautiful boy.
hjw
Regular

Return to Introductions