IVF-Infertility.com home

Wrapped up 1st IVF- no luck

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Wrapped up 1st IVF- no luck

Postby Pills » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:57 pm

I just turned 31 and my only wish this birthday was to get a +ve preg test. I had FET- 2 embryos and was waiting to get my +ve preg test. And indeed 5 days after my bday, I got my blood work and it was positive!! We were thrilled beyond words. But 2 weeks after that (last week) came the devastating news that I have an ectopic pregnancy. My doc says this is rare- happens in 0-2% of IVFs.....and ofcourse it had to be my unlucky stars to put me in that bracket! Last Thursday I had my laproscopy and had my left tube removed. I lost my baby....possibly twins. Its been unbearable. I want to try again soon but I am so nervous about each step of the IVF now.
I wonder how many of you have had a successful 2nd attempt? I am unbelievably anxious but still want to start asap on the next round. Is there anything I can ask my doc about this? Anything any of you would recommend I do to up my chances? I dont want to admit this but I am so desperate.
Pills

Sponsor

Postby BIGREDIOWAN » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:50 am

Pills,

My wife and I went through IVF twice and the first time she ended up having a miscarriage. While it wasn't as invasive as what you just went through we were still devistated. We tried the second time and my wife is 14 weeks pregnant with twins. God willing we'll get them here and love them to death! What you are feeling right now is normal and it's important that you know that. After the first failure, it really strained me and my wife's relationship, but we came out of it closer than ever. Give yourself some time to heal up not only physically, but emotionally and then give it another go.
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice.
BIGREDIOWAN

Postby bdantonio » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:37 pm

as a vet to feritlity and having many losses there is nothing i can say to make you feel better except give it time. You need to heal mentally beofre tyring gain and remmeber there is nothing you could of done different
bdantonio
Regular

Postby Pills » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:13 pm

BIGREDIOWAN wrote:Pills,

My wife and I went through IVF twice and the first time she ended up having a miscarriage. While it wasn't as invasive as what you just went through we were still devistated. We tried the second time and my wife is 14 weeks pregnant with twins. God willing we'll get them here and love them to death! What you are feeling right now is normal and it's important that you know that. After the first failure, it really strained me and my wife's relationship, but we came out of it closer than ever. Give yourself some time to heal up not only physically, but emotionally and then give it another go.
]]

That is such a good news, and I am so happy for you guys. I will pray and hope that you have wonderful babies that you can truly love to death!! Fingers crossed for you and your wife. It felt really good to hear your story. I am really really trying to be positive and hopeful for our round 2. My husband has been a rock of a support throughout. You are right, this process tests the mettle of the best relationships and I am glad I am with the best man for me. Again, wish you all the best and please keep me posted. All will be well.
Pills

Postby BIGREDIOWAN » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:59 am

Thanks for the kind words Pills, this board is great for support and you'll see that.
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice.
BIGREDIOWAN

Postby Pills » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 pm

bdantonio wrote:as a vet to feritlity and having many losses there is nothing i can say to make you feel better except give it time. You need to heal mentally beofre tyring gain and remmeber there is nothing you could of done different

I cannot believe what you have gone through and I am so sorry.You come across as such a strong person. I hope you will get the joy of a baby in some way soon. much love, pills.
Pills

Postby bdantonio » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:37 pm

i have my two success stories.. I just stick around to see all the women who helped me be strong get their success stories I have two girls from ivf one is 4yrs old now and one is 1yrs old. But i have beed pg 7x loosing 5 pregnancies all ivf babies.
bdantonio
Regular

Return to Introductions