IVF-Infertility.com home

New to IVF and this forum--

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New to IVF and this forum--

Postby Stay Positive » Sat May 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi all,

My name is Maria and I am 42 years old. Due to my age, IVF has been recommended and my husband and I are almost finished with a comprehensive workup. Overall the results looked very good and according to the doctor, my body thinks it's actually a little younger than it really is--which is a good thing! He is very encouraging and hopeful about IVF working, but we are still getting used to the idea. I am excited and scared at the same time. I am finishing up a Clomid challenge test and go in tomorrow morning to have Day 10 blood drawn. If all looks good (we find out next week), then we should get the green light to start out first IVF cycle at the end of May. I have never used an online support forum before, but thought this was a good cause to begin! So, I would love to meet some other women going through this process and to get as well as give support through being a member of this forum. Hope to chat with you all in more detail and good luck to everyone...remember to Stay Positive!
Stay Positive

Postby njsurga » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:08 am

HI!! I'm 44 and in the middle of an IVF cycle. Because of our age it makes it a whole different ballgame huh? Crazy!! All looks well with me also. I'm on day 8 of stims...follistim, and if all goes well egg retrieval next week! I had my tubes removed in 1990 and remarried a wonderful man 10yrs my jr, yep...guess you can say i'm a cougar...LOL. I have a daughter 22 and son 19 which I had naturally before my surgery. Good luck sweetie!! And baby dust to us both.

Sharon
njsurga

Return to Introductions