IVF-Infertility.com home

OHSS

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

OHSS

Postby goddess noodle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 am

Hi

I am new to this site but wondered if anyone has had OHSS. I had my ET last Thursday and have had OHSS since. Was even hospitalised with it at the weekend, but now I feel fine all symptoms nearly gone. I am told they carry on if you are pregnant so am now totally convinced I am not.
This is my first go at IVF.
I was so ill praying to get better now I'm gutted as think I cannot be pregnant if symptoms have stopped!

Thanks
Sarah
goddess noodle

Postby angelaezra » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello,

Remember to keep the faith. Just remember, if you used a trigger shot (HCG) you will initially feel pregnancy symptoms but once it is out of your system it is normal for the symptoms to disappear.

I experienced the same thing during my first IVF attempt last year with fresh embryos, but the symptoms eventually did return again. But, you might not have any symptoms at all but that doesn’t mean that you are not pregnant. So keep thinking positively! When is your beta scheduled?

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Postby goddess noodle » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:32 am

Hi Angela

Thanks for your reply.

Your right about positive thinking but its hard. Still feel fit and well! No symptoms back yet.

Get my test on Tues. Where are you at now with everything?
Sarah
goddess noodle

Postby angelaezra » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:59 pm

I had a single frozen embryo (6 day blast) transfered on Friday, 5/29 so I am 7dpt today. My beta is scheduled for Monday 6/8 and I am so anxious!

Angela
1 miscarriage 2002 (nat)
1 ectopic pregnancy 2006 (nat)
1st IVF 10/08-BFP twins/misc-6 1/2 wks & stillbirth 21 wks
2nd FET 6/09-BFN
3rd IVF 2010-April-BFP - DD born 12/7/10

Lost Ashley Nicole Thomas at 21 weeks
angelaezra
Valued Contributor

Re: OHSS

Postby Ghost » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:24 pm

goddess noodle wrote:Hi

I am new to this site but wondered if anyone has had OHSS. I had my ET last Thursday and have had OHSS since. Was even hospitalised with it at the weekend, but now I feel fine all symptoms nearly gone. I am told they carry on if you are pregnant so am now totally convinced I am not.
This is my first go at IVF.
I was so ill praying to get better now I'm gutted as think I cannot be pregnant if symptoms have stopped!

Thanks
Sarah

OHSS symptoms can return with a pregnancy, but not always.

If they were returning, you could be sure of a pregnancy. If they are not returning, you can't be sure. Must wait for the test.

Also, if it was to return with a pregnancy, the earliest opportunity would have been around the day you made that post.
Ghost
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions