IVF-Infertility.com home

Starting Very First Cycle July 15th

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Starting Very First Cycle July 15th

Postby cressicaw@hotmail.com » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:28 am

Hi Ladies - This is my first posting and would love to have someone to talk to about everything I am experiencing. I don't even know what the abbrevations mean?
Me - 33
My husband - 40 and diagnosed with 13% mobility issues
TTC - est 2004
Clomid - once with 3 folicles and 10mil sperm, then with IU with one folicle and 20 mil sperm and finally another folicle and 20 mil sperm again and sadly no success.
Got frustrated because they kept saying nothing was wrong, I had had a miscarriage when I was 19 but never got pregnant since.
Now, since were not covered for infertility I am donating half my eggs as a split donor - they counted 18 pre-eggs.
I just received all the meds and I am so scared. I am a big baby when it comes to needles, they shots that I took with IU's was no biggy but these are huge!!!
Best of luck to all...
cressy
cressicaw@hotmail.com
Regular

Postby dogzrule » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:50 am

Welcome cressicaw! I'm new here too, and this is also my 1st cycle. You should come over and join the July/August group in the ivf forum! I'm just rounding out my stims with ER (egg retrieval) scheduled for Wednesday. You'll pick up on the abbreviations pretty quickly. I too was SO confused for a day or two because I didn't know what anything stood for. The most common ones I see here are:

AF = Aunt Flo :lol:
ER = egg retrieval
ET = embryo transfer
dpt = days past transfer
BFN = big fat negative
BFP = big fat positive
PMA = positive mental attitude

Hopefully that'll get ya started! Don't worry about the injections. I was a BIG baby, and after the 1st day, I was a quick pro. You will be too! Lots of baby dust to you, and come and join us in the July/August group!
Me-36,DH-43
1st IVF July 2009 - BFP! 9dp5dt: 31;11dp5dt: 77;14dp5dt: 214; 18dp5dt: 548; 21dp5dt: 1883. DD born 3/30/2010
1st FET July 2011- BFP! 8/3 beta: 178, 8/5 beta 455. DD born 4/4/2012
dogzrule
Regular

Return to Introductions