IVF-Infertility.com home

Howdy

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Howdy

Postby Never thought » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:40 am

HI- I'm a new member.

After two years of trying, we've discovered that my husband has a bilateral blockage resulting in a zero count. We have our first appt at a fertility clinic in January to start the IVF process.

I've joined this site to figure out what to expect and so that I can talk about my experiences/thoughts/feelings/fears openly. I think my husband is a bit overwhelmed by the subject right now (its very new to us) and all of my close friends are new mothers. Not much of a support group, really.

Is there a place that explains what all the abbreviations stand for? Some are easy to figure out and some are very confusing.

Thanks!
Never thought

Postby DillysGirl » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am

Welcome! You can find the abbreviations in the 'general" forum from the main forum index. Definitely very helpful since there are soo many abbreviations.

Your story seems a little similar to mine. After trying to conveice naturally and failing my DH (=dear husband) had his sperm count come back as zero. Turned out he was born without either vas deferens but that he did in fact produce good quality sperm, it was just trapped. He had a procedure (MESA) to extract sperm and we were able to do IVF with ICSI and are now pregnant!

I hope you are able to find the support that you are looking for here. There are lots of people here and combined has probably been through it all in the world of infertility. It's hard to talk about infertility issues with those who dont understand which is why I come here as well.

Many blessings to you on this Journey!
Me- 31
DH-38 CAVD

IVF/ICSI #1- August 2009 BFN :(
FET #1 10/09/09 BFP!
Betas: 150, 267, 4380
u/s: 11/10/09 It's Twins!!
Halen Peter and Hendrix Harte born 05/18/10
DillysGirl
Regular

Return to Introductions