IVF-Infertility.com home

1st IVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

1st IVF

Postby DESIRE_270 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi,

First time here. tried 3 ensimination. 6 months of Clomid and now trying IVF. I started to take Lupron Jan 3rd and have my first ultrasound tom with blood work. I cant stop think about the unknown. trying to stay clam but have been so nervous... Anyone feel the same way?
DESIRE_270

Postby Molly05 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi,

I am going through a somewhat similar situation. I have done two IUIs and had a chemical pregnancy within the last six months. I am set to start IVF meds (Lupron) on February 4th.

How is everything going with you? Anything come your way that wasn't expected?

I hope things are going well and I wish you the best of luck!

Molly
Me: 32
DH: 40
September 09: IUI BFN
October 09: IUI BFN
December 09: Chemical Pregnancy (naturally)
March 10: Chemical Pregnancy (IVF)
Molly05

Postby Tiger04 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi,

I am going through a similar situation as well. I started Lupron on 1/17 and start adding Follistim and Menupur tomorrow morning and evening!

We've been waiting over 6 months to start IVF, so it's exciting that we are finally starting.

Molly, I was really nervous about starting Lupron because I'm super afraid of shots...how great right. But, it doesn't hurt at all.

I read the directions and it doesn't say that you shouldn't drink while being on Lupron, but the other night I had only 1 glass of wine and felt super weird. So, I decided that drinking during taking the medication may not be so great. Other than that, I haven't felt different or anything.

Desire, I feel the same exact way! Since you started Lupron a little earlier than I did, how are the other medications going?
Tiger04
Regular

Postby Molly05 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Tiger: My nurse told me ABSOLUTELY no alcohol with Lupron (I did it in November for about four days before my chemical pregnancy). I would definitely lay off the wine...even though this is the time you probably want a glass the most!
Me: 32
DH: 40
September 09: IUI BFN
October 09: IUI BFN
December 09: Chemical Pregnancy (naturally)
March 10: Chemical Pregnancy (IVF)
Molly05

Postby Tiger04 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Molly,

I'm so glad that you told me that! I can't believe they didn't mention it!
Tiger04
Regular

Return to Introductions