IVF-Infertility.com home

first time talking about my attempts

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

first time talking about my attempts

Postby roseofsharon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi everyone-this is my 3rd try at pregnancy. 1 failed IUI and 2 failed IVF. I am single and doing this on my own w/ donor sperm. my first IVF-got 4 "good embryo- but did not survive. 2nd IVF-made it to transfer-baby did not stay. Am told that my eggs are good. Not sure if it is donor specimen. The entire process is so taxing. I went thru the entire procedure by myself-which is alright. Just need a bit of support from others gurlz who can ID w/ me. Thanks-I pray that we all get what we want-beautiful/healthy BABES!!
roseofsharon

Re: first time talking about my attempts

Postby annpage » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this website & new to IVF. My husband & I have been married for 4 years. I'm now 39, turning 40 in Dec.
I don't know what I was thinking to wait this long to try to conceive. My OBGYN suggested I go to a RE in Morristown, NJ.
Since Jan 2010 I've have 3 unsuccessful IUI's & now moving up to IVF. My RE suggests this will be better for me. I have high FSH levels. My husband has good sperm count, he is 40. I'm nervous & was skeptical to start this. I'm not one to take medicine, so the medicine & the egg retrieval scare me. Can anyone tell me about the progesterone injection, if have any side effects? Right now I'm on Estradiol twice a day, then going to start follistim injections ( which I had previously for IUI's in a lower dosage) I'm ready to get this part of meds & retrieval over but not looking forward to the progesterone shots. I just would like some comfort, I do know a few people that have turned to IVF & become successful maybe not in their 1st attempt but their 2nd or 3rd.
It's nice to know their are plenty of other women going through this & that I'm not alone. I wish you all with the blessing of healthy babies!!! Good luck to all!! It's a roller coaster ride!!!
Me: 39
DH: 40
3 Failed IUI's
1st IVF
ER 7/3/10
ET 7/6/10
Beta 7/17/10
annpage

Re: first time talking about my attempts

Postby roseofsharon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello-and welcome good for you, you are definitley not alone in the quest for motherhood. This is my second round of IVF- so Am somewhat familiar with the ProJ-injections. Your team-nurse should educate you on the administration of the Proj- injections-it's a bit scary at first. I am a nurse and give shots just about everyday and found it hard for me to inject myself.. But once you get over the jitters-it comes easier w/ each subsequent administration.--if you absolutely canot do it- then get help from husband-the trick to IM (intramuscular injection)is to inject without hestation-side effect (S/E) are local-redness to area, maybe some swelling-minimal-now for me it itches at the injection sites so be mindful of that-BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY FOLLOW ALL THE GUIDELINES GIVEN TO YOU BY YOUR RE TEAM-AND QUESTION/REPORT SIDE EFFECTS.--GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!!!
roseofsharon

Return to Introductions