IVF-Infertility.com home

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Postby zen_scrapper » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:32 am

Hi all! I'm Andrea and my husband and I are starting our first ivf in 2 weeks. (Can I just say that I am NOT looking forward to giving myself shots??) Anyhow, we tried IUI in 2002 and failed miserably. We adopted Andy in 2003 and Benny in 2006 (Andy was three days old when we got him and I was there for Benny's delivery!!) The cost of IVF has come down considerably since we looked into it in 2002, and we'd love to experience pregnancy, so we decided to give it a shot. (Lame pun intended.)

I start Lupron on the 10th of November and then move on to Follistim (I remember folliSTING well!!) and then something else and something else. We have an est ER of Dec. 7th (the nurse informed me that this, of course, is all up to how well my ovaries cooperate) and if things go according to plan, a BFP on Christmas Eve.

Yes, Christmas Eve. Should make for interesting party conversation, either way.

Things feel so different this time around. The first time we tried the fertility stuff, everything we did came from such desperation. Jeff and I have grown leaps and bounds (as people and as a married couple) and it does help that we already have kids. I am beyond optimistic and positive about this.

I've never been more excited to get a large needle inserted into my ass cheek.

I look forward to meeting you all and to experiencing this :)

Andrea
Married my sweetheart, Jeff, on 06/30/01
Tried IUI in 2002, both BFN
Adopted our sweet Andy in '03 & Benny in '06
Started Lupron for IVF/ICSI on November 10th, 2010
http://fertileasarock.blogspot.com/
zen_scrapper

Return to Introductions