IVF-Infertility.com home

Me and my story (Sorry long post)

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Me and my story (Sorry long post)

Postby Wannabemommo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:46 am

Hi Everyone,

I am from a city called East London in South Africa. I am 31 and my DH and I have been ttc for almost a year and a half now. We started seeing our FS in November last year and so all the testing started. The end result was that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me and there is absolutely nothing wrong with DH! So, why on earth am I not conceiving????? I am starting to really despise the words "you are so beautifully healthy"!! So then in January our FS started me on Clomid and a home plan. The end result was a unbelievably thin endometrium and a BFN result. Then in February he changed me from Clomid to Femara and Menopur injections with the home plan. My enometrium lining reacted very well to this but the end result only one nice follicle and a BFN result. So last month he decides lets try IUI. He pushed up my dosage of Femara and also doubled my Menopur. We were so exited to have three beautiful follies at the end of it all and my DH had a stunning sperm contribution. The 2ww drove me absolutely insane and last week a day before I had to test, AF arrived and so yet again....BFN. I ended up in tears once again and decided I have absolutely no belief in IUI whatsoever and don't want to continue with this whole IUI business. I want to go straight ahead with the good stuff (IVF :-) ) Needless to say, I have a A1 personality and everything should have happened yesterday already according to me, so I am really REALLY struggling with this whole thing of not being able to conceive. Saw my FS on Thursday and we decided because IVF is so incredibly expensive, we will continue with one last IUI this month and then if it is another BFN move straight on to IVF in May. I am feeling hopeful again since we have a POA and I've heard so many good things happen with IVF - so even if the IUI does not work this month, I have IVF waiting.

One more thing about me that makes this whole infertile and ttc thing so much harder is this. I am a extreme longdistance runner (and when I mean extreme I mean like in - I do all these 100 miler races) and I am used to 30 k's a day training. Since I've been on fertility treatment my FS has taken me off running TOTALLY since running releases a hormone that brakes down the fertility treatment. So from 30 k's a day training to ZERO. I think my body is in total shock. I also have a highly stressful job (I am a criminal attorney) so my running used to me my stress relief. I have decided however, having a baby to me is more important than the running at the moment....I can always start my running again once baby is there, so I am really trying to just stay calm about it all.

So, in a nutshell, that's me and my story...

I am really looking forward to making new friends going through the same as me....

xxx
Wannabemommo

Re: Me and my story (Sorry long post)

Postby margi26 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Welcome, Wannabemommo!

If you go to the IVF board you will find lots of very supportive women moving through the cycles together. I did IVF 3 times before I found this lovely board....I wish I had found them sooner!

If you go to the IVF board and then click on the April/May Thread....you can join in! I was part of threads last Fall and then Winter, and now am happily (although nervously) pregnant with twins!

I did a few IUI cycles and continued along with the IVF group at the same time...they are a very accepting bunch :wink: And full of fabulous knowledge. You will get information and support.

Best of luck to you!!!

And feel free to PM (private message) me if you want to.

-Margi
Me: 44, endo. & 1 tube due to rupture
DH 36 fine
IVF#1 double ectopic/severe OHSS 12/08
IVF#2 BFN
IVF#3 BFP-->m/c
IUI#1, #2, and #3, 2010 BFN
IVF#4-2/11 HPT=BFP 11dpo; 13dpo=240! 15dpo=653, 20dpo=5522,3/29=u/s-1sac1yolk 4/4=2 HBs!
ImageImage
margi26
Valued Contributor

Postby LYD10 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 am

welcome wannabemommo - i am sorry you have to go through this. as Margie said please join us on the april/may thread under ivf treatment. most of us have been on this journey for a few years - this stuff just takes time unfortunately.
unexplained infertility can be frustrating - there is usually a learning curve to it - you FS will have to rule out things as you go along because there is no one thing he can zoom in one right away. if this iui doesnt work - and i hope it does - then with ivf he will have more visibility - he can see the egg quality, etc.
what about things like immune system reacting to the embryos? has he ruled out that?
its important to find a good FS or RE as we call them here. someone that you respect and whose clinic gets good results - so you dont up wasting your time.

its unbelievable that with extreme running you still got your period regularly. most women would end up skipping their period under so much physical activity. also its good to have fat in the diet for fertility - dairy fat, like ice cream. some REs even recmmend it for egg quality. if you've just recently stopped running then maybe you just need more time to try in this new mode. i would think about going on a more gentle exercise regime - and adding some fat to your diet.
ME 40, DH, 43
#1 IVF BFN
#2 FET DS born
#3 IVF ectopic
#4 FET BFN
#5 FET Chemical
#6 IVF, BFP at 8dpo, beta 215, started out with twins, one vanished at 6 weeks, EDD 9/4/12
LYD10
Regular

Postby blueeyedreamer » Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 am

I'm surprised your doc took you away from running completely. Mine said 20-50 miles per week is ok just not to exercise to exhaustion. Regardless, I wish you the best!
Nicole 35, DH 42
IVF 1 BFN
FET 2 BFP twins, M/C 7 weeks.
FET 3 BFP, chemical beta high 81
IVF 4 BFP, chemical beta high 707
Severe endo
Multiple Sclerosis

blueeyedreamer
Regular

Return to Introductions