IVF-Infertility.com home

Karen & Rick's 40+ story

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Karen & Rick's 40+ story

Postby karenbeach » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi all, my name is karen and my partner is rick, I am 42 and he is 43, our story is a old romantic novel :) We used to go out with each other when we were just 16 & 17 yrs old, but at the time it just wasn't meant to be and we went on to live our own lifes. Unknown to each other untill meeting again we actually lived less than 1 mile apart from each other for nearly 10 yrs. We both became single again and then met via facebook and have been together ever since.
We have friends out in India and stayed with them and they told us about a clinic that was very good and close by to them. The reason we have opted for ivf is because I had 2 children by c-section and ended up being a single parent before my second child was born, at the time I was very young and was talked into having my tubes tied by the consultant and my mother, so when I met someone later on in life there would be a chance to have it reversed and have a child with them. When we looked into this it was discovered that I had a 1 inch portion missing from each tube, hence there wouldn't be able to repair the tubes, this is why we went to India for ivf treatment in 2008 but it didn't work, then again in 2009 we had another trip to India we had everything crossed and actually it worked for about 6 weeks, we were absolutely gutted as you can imagine. Then one night I came across this site and have found so much more information that I wasn't told whilst out in India, apparently we should of had meds for at least 10 to 12 weeks following embryo transfer and only had meds for ten days after, wether you do or not I'm not sure, so am hoping for some advice from any of you who can help point us in the right direction as we would love to hear from you, we didn't goto a clinic in the uk mainly because of waiting lists and our age. This time around we are wanting to look into donor eggs as we think that we will be more successful with younger eggs.
Thank you for reading our story and we hope to talk to many of you going through the same as us and hopefully share good news with you in the not too distant future.
love karen and rick xxxxx
1st ivf - nov'09 - failed
2nd ivf cycle starts august 2011 fingers crossed
karenbeach

Return to Introductions