IVF-Infertility.com home

New, contemplating egg donation.

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New, contemplating egg donation.

Postby Khry » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi, just registered to get a good look around, find some information and see if donation is something I can do. I am Canadian, on the East Coast (dual citizenship in the US). I'm 42, University educated, have been in excellent health my whole life, rarely sick, phycially active, married with kids (and dogs and cats), am the four of five children, my parents are still living and in their 70s. When I'm not mom I'm a self taught creative type. I've always wondered about surrogacy, and now in my 40's wonder if donating eggs isn't perhaps an option...before it's not. I'm curious about the process, what goes on, how hard/easy it is, how much demand there is, what's involved (really) and what the risks are if any. I'm a very practical person, pro-choice, have no moral issues with donation/surrogacy. Would love to find some things to read if folks have recommendations, links to clinics or people who 'handle' donation in Canada. Look forward to reading what people have experienced.
Thanks,
Gail
Khry

Re: New, contemplating egg donation.

Postby Khry » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:30 pm

And of course, to answer the question 'am I too old' for egg donation. Told my husband I was researching this and his reply was 'who would want 40yr old eggs!'. So...many questions.
Khry

Return to Introductions