IVF-Infertility.com home

About to start IVF and need a bit scared

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

About to start IVF and need a bit scared

Postby Mrs hopefull » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi there ladies
I'm all very new to this, so at the minute it's not just the IVF I'm nervous of but also joining a forum!
My husband and I sadly last year having been so excited about finding out I was pregnant were heart broken when it ended being an eptopic, I lost a tube as well as the baby we had so longed for,since then I have been on clomind and that has not been successful for us, I have now been put forward for IVF which is very exciting but also nerve racking, a few days ago I had a session with the nurse and she has explained everything and shown me how to do the injections, now that is the bit that I turn into a wimp about, is there anyone else that really thought that they couldn't do that bit, if so any advise,
It would be nice to hear others stories of hoe they coped with this part of it or anyone else that is starting this process at the same time,

Xx mrs hopefull xx
Mrs hopefull

Re: About to start IVF and need a bit scared

Postby Happy Bunny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:21 am

Welcome to the board!

Please check out the IVF forum... You'll find cycle groups full of supportive and experienced women who will be happy to be there with you as you go through the wild and worrisome world of IVF.

I too have a tubal issue. I lost both tubes due to ectopic pregnancies. In June, we brought home our IVF baby and are looking to go for it a second time.

At first, I was terrified of shots... Medical stuff completely freaked me out. Trust me, after the first few times, you get used to it and can do a daily injection series like it's nothing. I had to have 2 glasses of wine before I did my first shot and I wept like a baby before I did it only to discover that it wasn't as bad as I thought that it would be.
Barbara
Me: 38 2X Ectopic; DH: 38 MF
IVF #1 ET 10/11/10 BFP Brooke Marie
IVF #2 ET 11/11/11 BFP Travis James

ImageImage

ImageImage
Happy Bunny
Regular

Return to Introductions