IVF-Infertility.com home

4th IVF try

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

4th IVF try

Postby sunflower » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi all,

Me and my husband are trying for 5 years now. I am 37 and my husband is 44. We've already had 3 cycle of convential IVF about a year and a half ago. Now we are thinking about trying another IVF using donor egg to maximize the possibility of getting pregnant. But our new RE thinks that I have low overian reserve. Also my hasband' s sperm has low motility and morphology, so he would recommend us to try natural IVF instead of conventional IVF or egg donor. He said using donor egg only increase 5% success and i don't response well to the meds. Can anyone give me any thoughts?? Donor egg is very expensive compare to natural IVF. But natural IVF has less success rate. WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
sunflower

Re: 4th IVF try

Postby hopeful hillary » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 am

Hi there, I am on day 4 injections of my 1st IVF. I kknow that I have a low ovarian reserve because there is a blood test called 'AMH' that you can have done. You need to have this done before considering donor eggs. If your AMH is very low and you have already had unsuccessful IVF cycles, then donor eggs is often the next option. Good luc x
hopeful hillary

Return to Introductions