IVF-Infertility.com home

new to site

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

new to site

Postby Elaine113 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am 33 years old and DH is 39. We had been TTC for about 6 months when I discovered a lump in my breast which resulted in a mastectomy in Jan 2002 :shock: The whole episode confirmed to us how much we wanted a baby, so after TTC for another 2 years we went to doctor for tests. Discovered I had an ovarian cyst which was removed Jan 2005 (Jan not a lucky month for me :!: ) so now having blood tests to decide next step.

Thanks for listening,
Elaine113
Elaine113

Sponsor

Postby AliasR » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:30 pm

hi elaine.

i've joined recently too. so sorry to hear about your problems but glad you decided to join, you'll find a lot of people here who are dealing with the same issues. keeping all inside and having no one to talk to is a killer.

live in portugal and never been to ireland but love it - the landscapes, the music, the history and especially the accent!

keep in touch

AliasR
TTC 2y Me 31 Dh 34 NO SPERM - DI
AliasR
Regular

Postby bubblymichelle » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:20 am

Hi Elaine,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the site, this is such a great site everyone is so friendly and welcoming.

I am sorry to hear everything that you have been through, and hopefully your dream of having a baby will come true.

I have a little boy 14 months who was conceived through ICSI tmt and I just wanted to say that there is hope for everyone.

Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:20 am

Hi Elaine ... Glad you've found us ! Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time already, but hope the future is more positive for you. I know it seems like the tests / bloods etc go on forever, but hopefully you''ll come up with a way forward soon.

Take care

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby LittleP » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:34 pm

Hi there

Welcome to the site. You will find everyone here really friendly and very helpful.

:( Sorry to hear about all your ordeals to date.

When you are ready come over to the General Forum and join us in the various threads. There are currently some running for treatments being done in the months of April through to July :!: :D

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby taylorjools » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi Elaine and welcome,

sorry you havebeen through so much. We are very big on PMA here 8)
so have some sunshine from me today and hopefully your tests will show the way to go. Whatever the results you'll find someone here to support you :lol:

Love bigJ
POF+autoimmune+dh antibodies,5.05 DIVF IM M/c 7.5 wks, DIVF+TESE at ISIDA - son 08/06
FET ISIDA: 12.07.07 m/c 8 wks b.ovum, 17 Dec 2007- BFP triplets OMG!!!
taylorjools
Valued Contributor

Postby Elaine113 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:05 pm

Thanks girls for the great welcome - much appreciated. Nice to know there are others to talk to.

It's always difficult to know if you should tell people you are ttc - will it make conversation awkward or add more pressure in ttc :?: We have only told three close family members, but I'm feeling guilty keeping it a secret at work.

On a lighter note we went to Prai Da Rocha about 5 years ago AliasR, and it was great. I'm not sure we could guarantee as much sun here in Ireland but you would be made most welcome :)

Elaine113
Elaine113

Postby elleR » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:09 am

hello elaine!

welcome to the site. i'm new here also, just recently joined too. everyone here has been so friendly and supportive. good luck with your blood tests. i understand how you feel how hard it is to keep a secret. dh & i have decided not to tell anyone else except his mom and sisters. it's tough. so keep on posting!

take it easy and hang in there!
IVF/ICSI 4/05 ; m/c at 7wks
DIUI x 5 BFN =(
IVF/ICSI 7/06 BFP =)
elleR
Regular

Postby bubblymichelle » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:19 am

Hi Elaine,

What part of Ireland are you from my Husband's Dad is from Ireland so just being nosy. We was in Dublin in November for my 30th Birthday we had a great time.

Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby LittleP » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:38 am

Elaine

Like you we've told only a couple of people, mostly family but a couple of really good friends as well. To be honest I think our other friends have either worked it out or suspect :? :!:

Hope you are doing ok, remember any questions just ask.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby nicolamark » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:49 pm

Hi and welcome, you sound like u have been though a lot. Your'll certainly find support here!!

Good Luck! :D
TTC 9yrs...lots of IUIs all BFN
1st IVF cancelled OHSS
2nd IVF 4 eggs all failed to fertilise
3rd IVF down regging now, EC expected 1st wk of sept.
nicolamark
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions