IVF-Infertility.com home

new and looking for help

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

new and looking for help

Postby cmpbll » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:45 pm

Hello. I am new to this site and was very intirgued when I read some of the postings. I am 29 and my husband is 28. We have been trying for 3 years now with no luck at all. I just started IVF and went through one week of shots.... to find out that they cancelled my cycle. :cry: They have now mentioned to me they may try Antagon, has anyone heard of this, or know of its success rates.

I just feel that when I think all is going well, I hit a brick wall! :? I do know I am not the only one going through this and I wish all the best of luck to everyone else who is enduring this emotional rollercoaster.
cmpbll

Sponsor

Postby LittleP » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:55 pm

Hi there

Firstly may I welcome you to this site - a true source of information, support and encouragement when you need it most :D

Unfortunately I don't know the drug you are talking about but I am sure that you will soon be inundated with replies from people who have heard of it so don't despair :!:

It would be a good idea for you to post this question on the General Forum as well so that everybody sees it and hopefully you can get some answers quickly.

I wish you every bit of success and hope that this time you can go full cycle with a positive result :wink:

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:22 pm

Hi and welcome to the site.

Why did they cancel your cycle? surely it was too early to tell if you were down regging or not? I've not heard of that drug, why are they recommending it?

good luck
Debra
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby sophiejane » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:44 pm

Hi, welcome to this site. There are lots of people who are experiencing the ups and downs of ivf on this site. How upsetting for you to begin the treatment and then for it to be stopped. As Debra says why was it stopped??
I haven't heard of the drug you mentioned - is it for down regging or stimulating the ovaries???
I also agree that you may want to pot on the General Forum. Thats where the majority of people post, and you may get more replies.
Good luck with your next treatment .... do you know when you will be starting again??
All the best
from Sophie-J
Me 33 dp 30
me tubal damage
ist ivf Feb04 -ive
fet July04 -ive
ivf Nov04 +ive twins, but sadly one twin died at 10 weeks gestation. Freya born 21st July 2005. She's amazing!
sophiejane
Regular

Postby taylorjools » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:07 pm

Hi cmbpll

welcome to the board sweetie, glad you have found us :)
so sorry they cancelled your cycle - didn't they tell you why??? One of the tricks in this game is to write all your questions down and be really persistant about asking them, or if necessary insisting on follow-up telephone call, anything to make sure you know what is going on.

come and join the waiting for tmmt thread and any other that takes your fancy, don't be shy about starting a new one if you have a burning question ...

Love bigJ 8)
POF+autoimmune+dh antibodies,5.05 DIVF IM M/c 7.5 wks, DIVF+TESE at ISIDA - son 08/06
FET ISIDA: 12.07.07 m/c 8 wks b.ovum, 17 Dec 2007- BFP triplets OMG!!!
taylorjools
Valued Contributor

Postby AliasR » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:25 pm

just wanted to say hi and welcome! this has beena liberating experience for me so i hope it will be for you as well! :lol:

can't answer your questions though, not having any sort of tmt but the girls gave you good advice. have you checked the web for info? Found this, not sure it will help but here goes:

http://www.fda.gov/cder/consumerinfo/dr ... NTAGON.htm

i agree with taylor, i've always found the more you know, the better you can deal with the feeling of helplessness of all of this.

so i'll see you around! good luck with yout tmt!

Rita
TTC 2y Me 31 Dh 34 NO SPERM - DI
AliasR
Regular

Postby cmpbll » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:23 am

The reason that my cycle was cancelled was that I was not responding to the Follistim that I was injecting.

The nurse made some comment to me that my ovaries are premature, when I looked all this up it was referring to premature menopause of the ovaries - so if that is the case why didn't I go through complete menopause???

I guess I have tons of questions, but it is a little helpful to read what others have went through and are going through. Thanks to everyone.
cmpbll

Postby Sand » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:37 pm

Hi there Cmpbll ... Just to say welcome to the site and I hope you respond better to the Antagon. I can understand just how disappointed you must be, having your cycle cancelled. A different drug could mean a whole different result, so pls don't despair.

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby AliasR » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:36 pm

Well i've read a lot of post here which deal with POF - premature ovarian failurel. Found this and it may help:

http://www.pofsupport.org/

But i think you should check with your doctor first because it might be a different thing.

Hope everything turns out well for you with this treatment. Keeping fingers crossed and wishing you lots of good luck!

Rita
TTC 2y Me 31 Dh 34 NO SPERM - DI
AliasR
Regular

Postby elleR » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:46 pm

Hi Cmpbll,

Welcome to this site. I am so sorry to hear that they had to stop your cycle. So when are they going to start you on this new drug? I do hope everything works out for you. Hang in there!
IVF/ICSI 4/05 ; m/c at 7wks
DIUI x 5 BFN =(
IVF/ICSI 7/06 BFP =)
elleR
Regular

Return to Introductions