IVF-Infertility.com home

New here

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New here

Postby princess » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:00 am

Hi everyone, I am new here. I am in my second week of IVF meds. Transfer will take place approx the week of May 8th. Dh and I are using donor egg and donor sperm. The reason for the donor egg are that I have Bipolar disorder and by using a donor egg I will not pass it onto the baby.Dh has no sperm at all. We have been on a waiting list for the last 2 years with an adoption agency, after talking with my doc and finding out a a baby would be fine if I didn't use my own egg We decided to try it. I also have PSOD.
The hormones have me going up and down. I am on Lupron 5 units and estrogen. I go back for the next ultra sound on May 2nd and should be starting the progestrone then. What kind of side effects has everyone else had????? None of my friends understand it all, because they all have kids. So the pain and anguish is something that they can't fully grasp. I would love to be having our own bio children but this is what God has given us and we have to work with it.
Thanks for reading and responding.
Joy
I am 29
Dh 35
1x trying IVF
was on clomid
before we found out we couldn't concieve.
princess
Regular

Sponsor

Postby Sand » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:02 am

Hi Princess - Welcome ! I've already seen your post on the General Forum, and have replied to you over there :)

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby AliasR » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:46 am

Hi there Princess,

welcome aboard! you'll soon realise you're not alone and that there will always be a place where you can come in and just let it all out!

Great news about your treatment. Whe haven't sperm ourselves but we're in the middle of a waiting period thrying to decide what to do next!

If you have questions, you should post them in the general forum, there's lots of people who are sure to answer!

You can also find some threads in the general forum just to relax... Drop in anytime!

Good Luck! And here's some PMA on your way!

Rita :wink:
TTC 2y Me 31 Dh 34 NO SPERM - DI
AliasR
Regular

Postby me » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:38 pm

Welcome
I have posted to you in the general forum. You have found the right place everyone here is great and willing to listen and help if they can there is people at the same stages as you and there is some waiting for treatment or results. We are all here together to help each other survive through the crazy rollercoaster of treatment.
Kerry.
TTC 5yrs
ICSI april 05 neg
ICSI August ++++++++++++++
me
Regular

Postby LittleP » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:09 pm

Hi Princess

Like the others I have already posted to you on the General Forum, but there's no harm in saying hi twice is there?

When you feel like joining us there's a thread for all the girls going through treatment in May - we're affectionately known as The Blooming Mayflowers :lol:

Hope to speak to you again soon.

PMA and best wishes

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby NickiMark » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:10 am

Hey!! Welcome!!

You'll soon be here, on a regular basis!!

Once you find us, you'll never leave. The girls all here are great.

Wishing u all the best... x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions