IVF-Infertility.com home

Gail

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Gail

Postby gailp » Thu May 05, 2005 10:59 am

Hi, I thought it was time I put myself on the introductions Board. Im 36 (for 2 more weeks !) and due to get married in St Lucia on the 9th June 2005. I have unexplained infertility.

I started TTC back in 1995 with my now ex-husband. I tried Clomid for about 6 months and then went on to have 2 goes at IUI both -VE. I then split up with my husband as I discovered he was having an affair whilst we were having treatment he said the affair made him feel more of a man :!: :evil: :lol:

I have now been TTC with my fiance who's 41 and has 3 grown up children from a previous marriage for about 20 months, We have our first consultation for IVF at the Wessex Clinic in Southampton on the 12th May. I just cant wait to get started now but im also scared as well. :D
me 38 DH 43 TTC 7.5 yrs. 1st IVF June 05 ended in severe OHSS never made it to ET. FET Nov 05 -ive. FET April 06 -ive FET June 06 OMG BFP
gailp
Regular

Sponsor

Postby bubblymichelle » Thu May 05, 2005 11:09 am

Hi Gail

I just want to say hello and welcome, I am sure you will find this site very helpful and friendly. I wish you all the luck in the world with your tmt. I also tried Clomid but it didn't work but I am now blessed with a 15 month old boy who is adorable and I conceived him through ICSI I really hope all goes well. IVF is a big thing but please don't be scared stay strong we will help you the best we can.

Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby LittleP » Thu May 05, 2005 1:54 pm

Hi Gail

We've spoken often :D - but I just wanted to send you loads of PMA and hugs. I hope that your consultation goes well on 12 May.

How are the wedding plans going - are you getting there?

Little P :wink:
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby joanna » Thu May 05, 2005 1:59 pm

Hello gail,

I just joined today,have not got a clue how to post my story just looking know!!

Good luck with your treatment,these sites make you feel better knowing you are not th only one!

I am currently under going my first iui.

Joanna
joanna
Regular

Postby LittleP » Thu May 05, 2005 2:04 pm

Joanna

Hi there and welcome on board :!:

To create your own thread - click on New Topic, give it a name and then type away. When you have finished click submit.

Hope this helps.

When are you going through your IUI.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby joanna » Thu May 05, 2005 2:08 pm

Hi Gail

AT the moment ,off for scan tomorrow.

Last month i was put on Gonal f but had too many follicles,they said i had an ivf reaction,so this month i am doing a natural cycle although on the scan i had tuesday there is still alot of follicles.
it will depend on tomorrows result if they go ahead or not. :oops:

Jo x
joanna
Regular

Postby LittleP » Thu May 05, 2005 2:20 pm

Jo

I wish you loads of luck tomorrow - will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well and you can continue to cycle.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby gailp » Thu May 05, 2005 3:31 pm

Hi Jo

Good luck with your scan tomorrow, make sure you let us know how it goes :D You will find this site fantastic, never be afraid to ask a question, so many people know so much on here. :D

Hi Little P

Wedding plans are going fine thanks, 5 weeks today and I will be married, cant wait. Very excited. :lol:

Ive been trying to sort out booking an appointment for the Blood tests I have to have done before I can start IVF, Im getting stressed because nobody can be bothered to reply to my emails, I sent them to two clinics last Friday. arrrrrrrrrrr :evil: I need to have them done and dusted before we go away to get married.

All part of the IVF fun I suppose :!: :mrgreen:
me 38 DH 43 TTC 7.5 yrs. 1st IVF June 05 ended in severe OHSS never made it to ET. FET Nov 05 -ive. FET April 06 -ive FET June 06 OMG BFP
gailp
Regular

Postby LittleP » Thu May 05, 2005 3:39 pm

Gail

How annoying :x

Do you have a phone number you could use so that you could talk to them direct and book them that way? What a bl*^*y pain that they won't respond.

I really hope that you get it sorted quickly.

5 weeks :D I bet you are really excited - sunny St Lucia here you come 8)

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby gailp » Fri May 06, 2005 6:06 am

Im trying (not very well :twisted: ) to do it by email because im in Cyprus at the moment. I will have to phone them when I get home if they havent bothered to reply by then.

Only one more sleep until your appointment Little P :D
gailp
Regular

Postby taylorjools » Fri May 06, 2005 4:23 pm

Sounds like you have glam life Gail... :lol:

try a good old fashioned FAX - quick and you have the evidence that it's been sent, they may not check email regularly..it's what I used to do when travelling and needed to keep on top of private stuff.

Love bigJ 8)
POF+autoimmune+dh antibodies,5.05 DIVF IM M/c 7.5 wks, DIVF+TESE at ISIDA - son 08/06
FET ISIDA: 12.07.07 m/c 8 wks b.ovum, 17 Dec 2007- BFP triplets OMG!!!
taylorjools
Valued Contributor

Postby gailp » Fri May 06, 2005 5:11 pm

Not glamourous really :D My Mum lives in Cyprus, I hadnt seen her for 6 months so thought I had better pop out and say Hi face to face :lol:

I have since had one reply from a BMI clinic who charge twice as much as the wessex clinic who im going to for the IVF and they didn't even say sorry for not replying sooner :!:
gailp
Regular

Return to Introductions