IVF-Infertility.com home

hello

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Postby AliasR » Sat May 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Hi Joana, just wondering... if you have low sperm count why don't you move on to ivf?

i wish we did have any sperm at all... still had a bit hope just before dh's biopsy but we weren't lucky. I had even considered a second biopsy if they didn't find anything but dh's was in too much pain and i won't put him through it a second time. so it's adopting or using DI for us... haven't figures it out yet.

so i'm just snooping around for IUIers and cheering and stuff

Hope everything turns out well for you this time

Take care

Rita
TTC 2y Me 31 Dh 34 NO SPERM - DI
AliasR
Regular

Sponsor

Postby joanna » Sat May 07, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi RITA,

We will only be doing iui once,as they wash the sperm so its of the best quality they only need 66,000 sperm for the procedure and my hubbys last count was 15 million so ok, iui is ideal for couples with our problem and it is alot cheaper than ivf at £700 whereas ivf is around £3000 in our region.

Sorry to hear of your situation,i would consider adopting too, i find myself looking at other peoples children and thinking i could love them as my own.

Take care

joanna
joanna
Regular

Postby AliasR » Sat May 07, 2005 11:50 pm

I know... it doesn't matter where the genes come from... just the word mummy will do
AliasR
Regular

Postby NickiMark » Sun May 08, 2005 7:26 am

Hi Joanna

Sorry the iui was a no go this month, I am going for natural cycle first, seems odd they gave you drugs to start with and now are doing natural next time.
We have been told 20% all clinic's are different. Apparently natural conception is 24% so when u compare that to the 20% for iui and think about how many people you know who had 'accidents' I feel quite happy it'll work.

Yes, my scan is internal.

x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby joanna » Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm

Hi Nicki,

Your odds are probably better than mine because you are younger than me.

The reason i was put on drugs is a long story.

After 6 months of trying for a baby i went to the doctor and explained i had quite long cycles,i average 33 days but on occasion though rarely i had gone 42 days.

So were sent for blood tests, had low progesterone.

Husband was tested normal.

Had laporoscopy normal, had ovulated.

Referred to John Ratcliffe Oxford,and informed we would now have to pay for assisted conception.

Told hubbys sperm count was not normal and never had been.

Over the process of 2.5 years after the drugs and scans turns out i was fine and hubby wasnt, bless him!

So hence the natural cycle!

You have been pretty much trying for a baby as long as me,i have had friends try the same time and go on to have children its so frustrating and the worse thing is people keep asking you when you are going start a family if only it was that easy for us!!!

Good luck with your treatment and stay in touch.

Jo x

Jo 35 Hubby 31
TTC 2.5 years
Low Sperm Count
joanna
Regular

Postby AliasR » Sun May 08, 2005 8:43 pm

That is very difficult to cope...

Each time we go to dh's home village people keep asking us the same. Sometimes i reaaly feel i could punch them but hey, they don't know so why bother?

it still hurts when i hear things like that but being here made me understand it's not meant to hurt you, it's life's natural course. It's a shame we were the ones who bumped into something on our way.

And yes, all my friends and relatives are either pg or expecting so... But i'm very glad you joined. Hopefully it will really help you cope!

There are chat threads on the general forum. Why don't you join us there? It's kinda crazy but hey life's too serious as it is! :wink:

Take care

Rita
AliasR
Regular

Previous

Return to Introductions